OEM Peices - Page 2 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlymptonRC51 View Post
Beautiful OEM pieces you received. The right lower is for a 2003 though.
Ok going back and reading through what everyone said. Seems my only option is to get aftermarket stickers for my 03. Which I'm ok with...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Look at the two, the black decals are different. But if you can't tell, who cares, right?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 10:34 AM

'03 Aftermarket Die Cut Stcikers

There is a guy on ebay that has complete set of die cut vinyl stickers for sale for the various years. Only $91.00 plus shipping. If you're bike is an '03, then get that set and take your time pulling off the stickers from the left ('04) side and put the correct ones on. Careful with the heat gun (not recommended) to remove the existing stickers, as just about the temp it takes to remove them the plastic starts to melt and deform. I suggest very hot water on the section you want to remove for about 3 minutes of hot running water from the faucet and that'll soften up the glue and it'll peel off pretty easily. I'm on newbie probation so can't post the link, but his ebay seller ID is: 335dani. Do a search for:

RVT 1000R RC51 SP-2 V-Twin decals stickers graphics set kit 2003 2004 superbike

They look pretty nice. Good luck! If you do it, let us know how it turns out. I may be doing the same thing right behind you.

Last edited by Xracer23; 06-26-2019 at 10:36 AM.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracer23 View Post
There is a guy on ebay that has complete set of die cut vinyl stickers for sale for the various years. Only $91.00 plus shipping. If you're bike is an '03, then get that set and take your time pulling off the stickers from the left ('04) side and put the correct ones on. Careful with the heat gun (not recommended) to remove the existing stickers, as just about the temp it takes to remove them the plastic starts to melt and deform. I suggest very hot water on the section you want to remove for about 3 minutes of hot running water from the faucet and that'll soften up the glue and it'll peel off pretty easily. I'm on newbie probation so can't post the link, but his ebay seller ID is: 335dani. Do a search for:

RVT 1000R RC51 SP-2 V-Twin decals stickers graphics set kit 2003 2004 superbike

They look pretty nice. Good luck! If you do it, let us know how it turns out. I may be doing the same thing right behind you.
Actually it's the other way around. I Have an 04. Gonna go check it out now.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 05:25 PM

03 right side lower just became no longer available, so you are lucky you were able to get that one. You maybe got the last one available
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode