RC51 Forums banner

OEM Peices

6K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  nigelrb 
#1 ·
64450-MCF-A40ZB and 64400-MCF-A30ZA the Right and left Cowl for our venerable RC-51

I Have an 04 NH edition RC51 with some awful Chinese knockoffs on it, does anyone know if these two pieces will be the right color? I just wanna be sure before I order them.

#2 · (Edited)
The 04 OEM Honda lower cowl part numbers are 64400-MCF-A40ZB for right side, and 64450-MCF-A40ZB. The right side lower is no longer available new from Honda, might be some left sides available. Best bet would be to to call Honda East Toledo and they can check Honda's inventory. They have very close prices to Partzilla and they ship also. Partzilla has best prices, but can not access system to tell you if they are actually available, and will take your order then tell you after if it's on backorder or unavailable, then have to wait for refund. I got a complete set of OEM plastics, gas tank, and swingarm for my 04 last year through Honda East Toledo.

#3 ·
Best bet would be to get another year right side and have painted, re decaled. Decals are no longer available, but can get some aftermarket that are very close to OEM. Or look around on eBay, but usually they all have damage or slider holes cut in them. Can still get all pieces for the 05-06 OEM but every other year is either completely unavailable or certain pieces are unavailable.

#4 ·
I've managed to get both pieces one from my local dealer and the right one from bikebandit. paid a pretty penny for em but it was quite worth it.... Thanks for the confirmation that they were the right pieces. Just joined the RC51 Community and damned if I don't love this bike. the Bark of a big Twin the whine of gear driven cams, Sound great next to my 91 VFR750, lol! Am in the process of updating my Profile so I can show off my collection. Woot! Woot!

#6 ·
You might want to double check with Bike Bandit that they are selling you a right side lower for a 2004 RC51 part number 64400-mcf-A40ZB. I have spoken with American Honda and have checked multiple OEM parts sellers, all including American Honda and Honda dealerships say that part number 6400-mcf-A40ZB is discontinued. Bike bandit has their part availability backwards on their website. according to them you can get a right (64400-mcf-A40ZB) but left (64500-mcf-A40ZB is discontinued. Myself and many other long time 04 owners have been looking for right sides and none are available new. Hopefully you found one, but you might want to double check with them. Let me know how you make out, because if they infact can get more, I will also order another one.

#7 ·
I will most definitely keep you informed, I am due to receive said part on Wednesday so hopefully it is the right part. I also just ordered the upper cowl

COWL (UPPER) (TYPE1)
Part Number: 689491, 64230-MCF-A40ZA
2004 Honda RC-51 RVT1000R UPPER COWL

from them also. and while it's not on back order It has been delayed and they claim they have a huge number of warehouses they work from so that's a thing. Hopefully they have what ya'll are looking for.

#8 ·
Here's pictures of the left one the right one and the box the right one came in. the left one I got from Heyser Cycle in Laurel MD they got it through there system look them up give them a call their prices are reasonable and I know they'll ship. and the right one came from Bikebandit. from what I can tell it is correct other then it's missing some of the stickers which are easily found maybe ya'll can correct me on that one. I assume they should be easy to find I haven't gone through the process quite yet. if that right one is the one everyone is having trouble getting. I'd be all over Bike Bandit as soon as I post this, LOL

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
'03 Aftermarket Die Cut Stcikers

There is a guy on ebay that has complete set of die cut vinyl stickers for sale for the various years. Only $91.00 plus shipping. If you're bike is an '03, then get that set and take your time pulling off the stickers from the left ('04) side and put the correct ones on. Careful with the heat gun (not recommended) to remove the existing stickers, as just about the temp it takes to remove them the plastic starts to melt and deform. I suggest very hot water on the section you want to remove for about 3 minutes of hot running water from the faucet and that'll soften up the glue and it'll peel off pretty easily. I'm on newbie probation so can't post the link, but his ebay seller ID is: 335dani. Do a search for:

RVT 1000R RC51 SP-2 V-Twin decals stickers graphics set kit 2003 2004 superbike

They look pretty nice. Good luck! If you do it, let us know how it turns out. I may be doing the same thing right behind you.

#14 ·
There is a guy on ebay that has complete set of die cut vinyl stickers for sale for the various years. Only $91.00 plus shipping. If you're bike is an '03, then get that set and take your time pulling off the stickers from the left ('04) side and put the correct ones on. Careful with the heat gun (not recommended) to remove the existing stickers, as just about the temp it takes to remove them the plastic starts to melt and deform. I suggest very hot water on the section you want to remove for about 3 minutes of hot running water from the faucet and that'll soften up the glue and it'll peel off pretty easily. I'm on newbie probation so can't post the link, but his ebay seller ID is: 335dani. Do a search for:

RVT 1000R RC51 SP-2 V-Twin decals stickers graphics set kit 2003 2004 superbike

They look pretty nice. Good luck! If you do it, let us know how it turns out. I may be doing the same thing right behind you.
Actually it's the other way around. I Have an 04. Gonna go check it out now.

#16 ·
The 04 OEM Honda lower cowl part numbers are 64400-MCF-A40ZB for right side, and 64450-MCF-A40ZB. The right side lower is no longer available new from Honda, might be some left sides available. Best bet would be to to call Honda East Toledo and they can check Honda's inventory. They have very close prices to Partzilla and they ship also. Partzilla has best prices, but can not access system to tell you if they are actually available, and will take your order then tell you after if it's on backorder or unavailable, then have to wait for refund. I got a complete set of OEM plastics, gas tank, and swingarm for my 04 last year through Honda East Toledo.

#17 ·
Huh? Why have you COMPLETELY copied another member's post #2 from this thread? Automated BOT or trying to impress?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.