please help stripped a bolt - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
please help stripped a bolt

ok im sorry everyone im just worried that im going to destroy my bike after doing something that should have been easy. OK heres what ive done so far. Im doing the pair removal. I bought the block off plates from dan kyle and i put the bolts back in and one is stripped it will seat but can move if ratched it never fully tightens. It has lock tite on it. Im just wondering if thats enough do you think i dont know how much pressure is behind this plate.

2nd. IM using the stock pair gasket just removed the small crew and the flame shield this should be enough dont you think? I cant find any info on it and i dont feel right about using a liquid gasket. thanks

3rd if i have completely messed this up somehow what could happen will i know from the start?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

no one....

well then does anyone know how much pressure is behind this pair cover i just dont want to potentialy damage the engine over a bolt on something i shouldnt have removed in the first place thanks.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
!. Well if your bolt hole is stripped out, then the best way to repair it is to use a TimeSert.
http://www.timesert.com/
I've used these on many bikes where the engine covers were stripped out due to "over-zealous" torquing. They work great and are stronger than the original tapped hole.
You may find a shop in your area that has them and can install them.

2. Since you're blocking off the port, there's no need for the flame shield. You might get by with just a little gasket adhesive around the seating area.

3. Hard to say. Probably oil leaks would be most probable.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

well started the bike today revved it up works ok ill take out for a nice spirited ride and make sure that bolt holds up. thanks sub sailor i might try one of the sets if this doesnt hold well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode