Honda RC51 RVT1000 Superbike under 4K mi. - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honda RC51 RVT1000 Superbike under 4K mi.

2001 Honda RC51 RVT1000 Superbike. Under 3,500 miles - never down - excellent condition - clear title. Original paint in perfect condition.
Extras include new Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tires (190/55 rear), Erion Racing exhaust pipes, Dynojet Power Commander III, Corbin seat and flush front signals. Original seat and passenger seat are included with sale.

Never tracked, raced or stunted - this bike is in excellent condition!

The RC51 was designed as the motorcycle to be used by Honda's racing teams in the Superbike World Championship. In 2000 Honda released the RC51, powered by a 999 cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine. That year, it won the World Superbike Championship with Colin Edwards riding for the Castrol team. In 2001, Ducati regained the title but the RC51 was still a contender boasting superior reliability with comparable speed and power. The RC51 won again in its final year of factory-supported racing in World Superbike in 2002 and that same year also captured the AMA superbike title with Nicky Hayden.

The RC51 was a true racing superbike which incidentally benefited from gearbox sprocket changes for street use (factory RC51's were highly geared for top speed performance). It is expected examples of this model will gain value in years to come given the relatively short time in production and its ever increasing scarcity.

Not interested in trades. Scammers will be ignored, buyer must pickup with cash in person. Yes, you can find an RC51 for less $ but notice the high mileage and "wear" on them.

$6500

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1159302...7623462297619/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 08:25 AM

Gorgeous bike. Wish, you were lower on price and I would be interested. I'm in Frederick, so if there is room to negotiate let me know. I'm looking at a couple RC's with over 20,000 miles but they are priced more than $2000 below what you want. Pictures looks sweet, and it is one gorgeous bike though.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 12:59 AM

do u still have this bike?

i'm looking for an rc51 now with under 5k

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendrc51 View Post
i'm looking for an rc51 now with under 5k
It's waiting for a new owner in my garage (in Northern Virginia). PM me if you want to see it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Note - I'd rather keep this bike than sell it for less than $6K. Please don't bother contacting me with offers for less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode