KAWASAKI F9 BIKE & RC51 parts - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
KAWASAKI F9 BIKE & RC51 parts

Hey everyone, just listed a running 1975 Kawasaki F9 350 enduro & the rest of the RC parts on eBay. user id is: gpawsgarage ...............just in case any of ya'll need a cool collectible classic enduro ............ thanks,oreocrow at 210-601-5544 and at [email protected].................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................UPDATE: THIS BIKE IS SOLD!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1652   Click image for larger version

Name:	019.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1653  

Last edited by oreocrow; 07-24-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: BIKE IS SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Hi there Brooks. FYI, Just wanted to mention that I had a pretty hard time finding you on Ebay. I found your parts, (I think) but you are listed as darivincayden7987. Is this you?
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/darivinc...id=p4340.l2562

The only way I could find you was to do an advanced search, find member, insert your entire email address ([email protected]), then type in the security code, then it gave me your seller name and your stuff was there. I could not 'find seller' ebayskempsmith.

Did you ever find that aftermarket clutch slave?

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Jondog9 rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Hi there Brooks. FYI, Just wanted to mention that I had a pretty hard time finding you on Ebay. I found your parts, (I think) but you are listed as darivincayden7987. Is this you?
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/darivinc...id=p4340.l2562

The only way I could find you was to do an advanced search, find member, insert your entire email address ([email protected]), then type in the security code, then it gave me your seller name and your stuff was there. I could not 'find seller' ebayskempsmith.

Did you ever find that aftermarket clutch slave?
Yes sorry about that....ebay user id is: gpawsgarage .....and I will let you know if clutch slave shows up. Thanks, oreocrow

Last edited by oreocrow; 07-22-2011 at 12:15 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreocrow View Post
Hey everyone, just listed a running 1975 Kawasaki F9 350 enduro & the rest of the RC parts on eBay. user id is: darivincayden7987 ...............just in case any of ya'll need a cool collectible classic enduro ............ thanks,oreocrow at 210-601-5544 and at [email protected]
Wow! What a flashback.
I had the same bike, but in '72 it was called an F5 Bighorn.

That was the second bike I ever had.
The year prior, I had its F4 Sidewinder 250 brother which was the exact same engine except the F5 had a larger bore and CDI ignition.

That engine was a torque monster, and virtually indestructible.
I had that bike and engine forever, up to the late 90's.
I did anything and everything on that bike.
I finally sold the engine to my cousin back in '96 so he could put it into an ATV. Probably still running to this day.

I honed my mechanical skills on that engine, and could practically take it apart and reassemble it in my sleep.
I stuffed the engine into an F7 175 frame and my buddy raced it in motocross.

That engine never let me down. Even when the primary gear nut loosened and milled a hole through the crankcase, allowing gear oil to be sucked into the carburetor (carb on the side due to it being a rotary valve engine). The CDI made a 55KV spark that vaporized the carbon and never fouled.
I used 3M industrial epoxy to seal the hole and had no more problems.

I loved that bike.

Last edited by SubSailor; 07-20-2011 at 12:59 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

Sub Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
Wow! What a flashback.
I had the same bike, but in '72 it was called an F5 Bighorn.

That was the second bike I ever had.
The year prior, I had its F4 Sidewinder 250 brother which was the exact same engine except the F5 had a larger bore and CDI ignition.

That engine was a torque monster, and virtually indestructible.
I had that bike and engine forever, up to the late 90's.
I did anything and everything on that bike.
I finally sold the engine to my cousin back in '96 so he could put it into an ATV. Probably still running to this day.

I honed my mechanical skills on that engine, and could practically take it apart and reassemble it in my sleep.
I stuffed the engine into an F7 175 frame and my buddy raced it in motocross.

That engine never let me down. Even when the primary gear nut loosened and milled a hole through the crankcase, allowing gear oil to be sucked into the carburetor (carb on the side due to it being a rotary valve engine). The CDI made a 55KV spark that vaporized the carbon and never fouled.
I used 3M industrial epoxy to seal the hole and had no more problems.

I loved that bike.
Yes lots of torque and even a pretty smooth ride up and down the street on the org. tires. Oil injection set a little to rich as i looked like I was spraying for mosquitoes. I was on the USS John Marshall SSBN 611............cheers,oreocrow
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreocrow View Post
Yes lots of torque and even a pretty smooth ride up and down the street on the org. tires. Oil injection set a little to rich as i looked like I was spraying for mosquitoes. I was on the USS John Marshall SSBN 611............cheers,oreocrow
If you think that was rich, you should've seen the cloud when it was sucking the gearbox oil into the engine. I couldn't even see the cards behind me on the freeway.
The CDI was so powerful, I didn't even know I had a problem until I did look behind me and saw the cloud.

BTW I was on USS Thomas Jefferson SSBN618, in the same squadron.

Sorry about the major thread jack though.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Hey no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
If you think that was rich, you should've seen the cloud when it was sucking the gearbox oil into the engine. I couldn't even see the cards behind me on the freeway.
The CDI was so powerful, I didn't even know I had a problem until I did look behind me and saw the cloud.

BTW I was on USS Thomas Jefferson SSBN618, in the same squadron.

Sorry about the major thread jack though.
Yeah a friend of mine was on the Sinkin Lincoln.....he was always shaky whenever he came in off patrol....cheers,Brooks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode