2004 RC51 14xxx miles Hood River, Oregon $3k obo - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2004 RC51 14xxx miles Hood River, Oregon $3k obo

I was hoping to have it sold by now to a local guy, but it's looking iffy so I figured I'd try here. I know it's dumb, but if I do sell it instead of put it in storage and come back for it, I need it gone NLT saturday morning. I can meet anywhere close to portland/hood river today through saturday morning.
I'm going to assume that anyone interested in it on here will already know what a RC51 is so I'll just give you the skinny on the condition.

BAD:

-The SATO carbon fiber can (2--->1 conversion) has completely come apart. BLUF, it needs a new slip on. The inner baffle broke loose and I didn't catch it before it had punctured a hole in the bottom and rattled the endcap loose.

-Branded/Salvage title. I don't know why it was salvaged, I only bought it 2 months ago to ride around up here while I was attending a training course. I've put 4k+ miles on it and, other than the exhaust, it hasn't given me any problems. Has minor cracks here and there and the paint is not stock, it's all red (gets mistaken for a ducati regularly) so it's not going to win any shows any time soon, but it is mechanically sound and runs like a raped ape.

-The Bank Angle Sensor is mounted a little off. When they did the aftermarket undertail, they mounted the sensor at an angle so under Extremely hard braking (ie. Panic or race-pace) the sensor thinks the bike has tipped over and it shuts off the fuel pump. To reset it simply turn the key off then on again. I could fix it if I were at my shop, but don't have the resources here. I'm told you can bypass it totally also. It was really not a problem other than if I was practicing braking hard from higher speeds.

GOOD:

-Rear tire has < 500 miles, front is healthy
-Chain and sprockets have < 500 (16/42 gearing)
-Power commander
-Speedo healer

I will include a small magnetic tank bag, and a set of soft Joe Rocket saddle bags. Plus a Shoei helmet and Icon jacket if you want.

PM, E-mail or call/text (719)twozero1 - nineteen 74.

Pics are in my profile I think, I'll try to get some more on here in the next few hours.

Thanks for looking!

Nic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00225 sm.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1700   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00226 sm.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1701   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00227 sm.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1702  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode