RC51 Forums banner

FS: Rc51 SP2 AND Sp1 Spal fan mount brackets

51K views 201 replies 56 participants last post by  _Gez_ 
#1 · (Edited)
Rc51 SP2 AND Sp1 Spal fan mount brackets

ok guys, the time has come.

all the people who have signed up should have PMs coming in right away. i have all the brackets on hand now and will be shipping them as i receive payment.

at this time i have in stock

12 sets for the sp2
2 left side only for the sp2
9 left side for the sp1

here they are

the sp2 pairs of brackets are 75 USD shipped, paypal fees inclusive.

the sp2 left side only are 40 USD shipped, paypal fees inclusive.

the sp1 left side are 40 USD shipped, paypal fees inclusive.

for interested parties

these brackets are designed for the geometry of the SPAL 30103011 and 30103013 fans. these brackets will also work with the 30103019 and 30103021. i will not be making any brackets to suit the fan you have. if you don't have one of these four, i will not ensure that whatever it is you have will fit.

here is the geometry that these brackets are built to work with.

this is the 30103013/30103011

and here is the 30103021/30103019, notice the numbers are the same

if you can find another fan that has the same geometry as the ones mentioned, it should work on the bracket.

i'm going to use this thread to include mounting instructions, in case it's not painfully obvious.

here is a bracket sitting on the rad. notice the orientation.

these brackets are going to mount using the stock fan hardware. any hardware that is required as an extra i am including.

it's as simple as removing the top clip nut and putting it onto the bracket, leave the bottom mount clip nuts on the radiator. then simply attach the bracket to the radiator using the stock bolts. the bracket will sit on the top of the bottom mounts, and underneath the top mount. this will get the bracket sitting as flat as possible. notice that on the sp2 versions, one of the mount holes is shared with the fan and the bracket. i have included a longer bolt for this hole. use the stock bolt that would typically go there to attach the fan to the bracket. on the spal fan, there is also one of the mounts that has a taller shoulder, i have included a longer bolt to go in this location.

for the sp1, it's essentially the same story. put the bracket underneath the top mount on the radiator, and use the supplied spacers and longer bolts to attach the bracket to the lower mounts. then simply use the stock hardware and supplied nuts to attach the fan to the bracket.

i didn't take detailed enough pics during my install for clarity, but it's pretty obvious how these go on.

here are some additional pics

this one shows how i have placed the top tab underneath the top mount on the radiator, with the lower tabs on top of the rad mounts. you can also see where i have used the stock hardware and where i have had to use longer bolts. all the hardware you'll need is included.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
"1. these brackets are designed for the geometry of the SPAL 30103011 and 30103013 fans. i will not be making any brackets to suit the fan you have. if you don't have one of these two, i will not ensure that whatever it is you have will fit."

that's from the initial post @jondog9

if you look at SPAL USA and check the drawings for the fans, if you can find another fan that has the same geometry as the ones mentioned, it should work on the bracket.

i'm also bumping this thread and pointing out that i do have sp1 mounts available.

#9 ·
Thanks Wibbly.

I read the first post very carefully, that info wasn't there. You must have pulled that quote from the other thread.
Anyway, the part numbers are here now and it's clear what fan to use. Maybe you should edit that quote into your first post of this thread, since that's where all the pertinent info is...

#14 ·
Got the bracket yesterday Wibbly. Looks good!

Pics to come when I get a fan purchased and get it mounted.

For those who've purchased, don't forget to give Wibbly feedback. Click on the digit next to Feedback Score under his avatar.
I would also appreciate feedback from you Wibbly.

Cheers!