2003 sp2 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
2003 sp2

SOLD

Just found out I have degenerative back disease and may be forced to sell my RC i just bought

Asking $6000.00

2003 2P2
10950 MILES
Excellent Condition
New Tires
New Chain and Sprockets
New Scotts Steering Stabilizer
Fresh Fluids
New Power Comander PC5
Yoshimura Exhaust
Smoked Windscreen
Undertail with Intergrated Brake light Turn Signals
Flush mounted Front Turn signals
Flapper Valve removed
No Scratches or dings
Adult ridin and very well taken care of
Selling do to health reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30707969_10212558006884530_3156849195042734080_n.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	128197   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_181300_resized.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	128293   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_181312_resized.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	128295   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_181341_resized.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	128297   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_181405_resized.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	128299  

Last edited by ON1WHL; 07-14-2018 at 05:58 PM. Reason: SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
That price makes me feel a little better for what I just paid last week. I bought an '05 with 21,000 miles. Upside was that it was local and immaculate. Like the swing arm had not one nick, brand new Two Bros pipes, PC III, new tires, otherwise fairly stock. I paid $6,000 also. I'll post a picture to show you but only with your permission - I'm a firm believer in showing people respect in their own for sale threads.

Sorry about your back and GLWS.

Btw, if I were interested I'd be asking more about the sprocket sizes and chain pitch and perhaps tire brand. And for sure a lot more pictures.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I went with the Michelin Pilot Power sport 2 compounds and love them for grip and wear. I stuck with the stock size in chain and sprocket sizes and actually feel the bike is worth more than 6k, it runs and handle perfect but I know the market for a 15 year old bike is tough! For that matter I may just end up keeping it? And Thanks!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Man, in that case you might keep it. About 5 years ago I had a neck injury and ended up with a pinched nerve. For a few years it was bad enough that I had to deal with intermittent tingling in my left arm and hand, especially when riding. It's gone now - sort of self-healed. I think it's due to the premium bed and pillow we got. Our older, but very expensive pillow-top mattress was causing us to occasionally wake up with stiff backs. I was skeptical about it being the bed, I'm 46 after all. I thought I was just getting older. My wife found http://www.Intellibed.com They're not cheap but I do NOT regret buying it now, two years later. I now wake up without any stiffness and ... I literally sometimes jump up out of bed. I can't express the difference it made in getting out of bed every morning. I'm not affiliated with them in ANY way. Just trying to pass on something that might change your life and help you keep riding.

A review here: https://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist....or-intellibed/

Get some bar risers, maybe lower the pegs a bit, maybe get a better seat [I'm buying an Else Made seat (in the UK), my 2nd one from him] and hopefully you can keep riding.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis My brother put off having three discs fused for 14 years, by loosing excess weight, and hiring a personal trainer to strengthen his core. As you know, you cannot cure this condition, as it relates to the aging process and genetics, but you can try to get every advantage possible! You tube has thousands of videos on strengthening your back and core - all FREE!

My RC has supermoto bars, on a CB100R top yoke and is quite comfortable to ride. Had to use a Chinese upper fairing and cut it to accommodate the new hardware but it was only $100. A good seat and lower pegs as mentioned above would help as well. I've had a few people give a laugh or sneer, but I like my bike and I'm having fun, and can put it back to stock any time.

I have also ridden the KTM 990 SMT, and /Super Duke GT which are both super fun badass V-twins with very comfy ergos, and are both incredibly light for the segment they are in. I'm not a huge fan of KTM, but after one ride you will be convinced. The Multistradas are also very popular and all these bikes have better power to weight ratios than the RC. there are so many good choices these days, and with the upright bikes having so much power, you really can have your cake and eat it too!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Gear included.
Joe Rocket Helmet size XL
SEDIGI Jacket size XL
BRP gloves size M/L
New front and rear stands
Original rear seat
Original manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RC51 GEAR.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	128301   Click image for larger version

Name:	GEAR.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	128303  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode