RC51 Forums banner

sp2 headers question.

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  m u d d u c k 9 
#1 ·
What size tubing is most aftermarket full systems for the sp2. What is the oem size?

#3 ·
Well I'm New to rc and have not figured out where everything is on this forum. My oem front header has a ding in it. From crash. So I'm looking into building New ones or buying some. Or just replacing that section of tubing.
Before every one goes of. Lol. I have built several sets of headers. I have all the tools needed.
I'm not New to vtwin supper bikes. I have 3 +the rc.
I just asked what size the stainless tubing is. Thanks

#9 · (Edited)
Being that you got some negative- I will try to advise.. What year RC-51 do you own?
OEM SP-2 is 2 1/4 or 57mm with a D-shaped inlet.. Which is an (dyno numbers) 8hp on the top of the RPMs.. The SP-1 exhaust header doesn't have the D-shape.. And has smaller cylinder head exhaust ports/ except were the header bolts to the head.. You gain the benefit of the D-shape pipe
This is the reason I specified using the SP-2 OEM header -reguardless which year RC-51 you own..
THE ONLY benefit to a FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM is at full throttle.. Which / sorry.. I have not been able to do - for long periods of time (ON THE STREET).
Building a header/ IMHO is pointless/ time "IS" money.. You are going to spend more time/ than you could just buying a SP-2 header from WHOMever...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.