wtb sp1 mid pipes - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
adams01s4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tn
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wtb sp1 mid pipes

I'm looking to purchase high mount mid pipes for my sp1,I know I'm new to site but I have good feed back on other forums.please let me know what u have and price.thanx adam. Helifreak.com username Adam01s4 for feed back rating
adams01s4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams01s4 View Post
I'm looking to purchase high mount mid pipes for my sp1,I know I'm new to site but I have good feed back on other forums.please let me know what u have and price.thanx adam. Helifreak.com username Adam01s4 for feed back rating
Good luck...



nobody is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Duckhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Victoria B.C Canada
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Sp1 setups are UN obtainium. I was extremely lucky to find my Sp1 slip on system. I have not seen one come up for sale since.

Nobody was correct in wishing you luck

I'll keep my eyes peeled.....

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
Duckhunter is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do the header mod...buy my Hindles.



nobody is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
adams01s4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tn
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Do the header mod...buy my Hindles.
Where can I find a how to on it? A link would help if u have or know where to find one.I've been looking and can't find a thread on it.
adams01s4 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly I have an SP2 so I really don't know but my friend Duckhunter has a pretty modified SP1 with the mod done.
He knows what he's talking about when it comes that mod...ping him in a post, pm him or hang tough as he will definitely chime in.
It's a good bunch of folks here and we help where we can.



nobody is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
adams01s4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tn
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Honestly I have an SP2 so I really don't know but my friend Duckhunter has a pretty modified SP1 with the mod done.
He knows what he's talking about when it comes that mod...ping him in a post, pm him or hang tough as he will definitely chime in.
It's a good bunch of folks here and we help where we can.
Awesome.I appreciate any and all help.I deft wanna do the high mount,as my wife won't ride,but that's just fine with me.so no need for passenger pegs.and I love the look of it.but if I'm gonna do it I'm gonna do it right.
adams01s4 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Duckhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Victoria B.C Canada
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Fairly simple mod to do, Jondog9 has documented it on here somewhere.
Buy a used sp2 header. Cut off the section just after the collector where it starts to turn into two exits again. Now remove the sp1 header from your bike, cut it also in the same fashion.
Now, weld ( or have it welded ) the cut off sp2 exits onto the sp1 header you cut the sp1 exits off of. Now you have an sp1 header that works with sp2 slip on's.
Now you can buy nobody's exhaust and it will work for you.

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
Duckhunter is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
adams01s4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: tn
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckhunter View Post
Fairly simple mod to do, Jondog9 has documented it on here somewhere.
Buy a used sp2 header. Cut off the section just after the collector where it starts to turn into two exits again. Now remove the sp1 header from your bike, cut it also in the same fashion.
Now, weld ( or have it welded ) the cut off sp2 exits onto the sp1 header you cut the sp1 exits off of. Now you have an sp1 header that works with sp2 slip on's.
Now you can buy nobody's exhaust and it will work for you.
Thanx so much.Gonna call around to some junk yards Mon and see if I can pick one up.
adams01s4 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 12:44 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Duckhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Victoria B.C Canada
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
No problem at all. Let us know how it works out or if you have more questions and/or concerns.

Cheers !!

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
Duckhunter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome