SP2 full exhaust or just headers - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SP2 full exhaust or just headers

I am looking for a full system for my '03 SP2. Or I could settle for just the stock headers. Email me [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 10:11 AM

You will have a hard time finding a full system. Akro and Yosh plus a few japanese companies made one. However the exhaust companies realised very quickly that a full system does nothing for this bike unless you have a built motor. The stock header is actualy really good! So they stopped producing them! A good slipon system and a custom tuned PCIII does wonders!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

The problem is that I don't have the stock headers. I have a full yoshi RS3 for an SP1 which the headers won't fit on the SP2

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

the yosh or akra will give you near 8-10 hp with a airbox and good map there are dynoes on rogue so built motor is not a need

i have a yosh 2-2 and jardine 2-1 replica i can possibly sell you if you are interested?

jAY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS SAYING!

Hindle, erion, many others stopped making them for cost reasons. the bennies of a track bike with full are huge and anybody serious is using a full exhaust not slip-ons. the slip-on fad for the 51 and a street bike was to get some torque and HP and call it a day but the 51 likes to rev so opening the gas up lends itself to a full. i have been using a full for 8 years and could care less about the 3 hp i lose below 4500 rpms because i like the 8-10 i gain elsewhere.

the 51 lost popularity after 2002 so compaines stopped developing fulls as at that time their cost was too high for the average owner and most of them wanted starbuks systems but check anybody serious and ask some of the makers of the exhausts and they will tell you their fulls made more Hp then their slip-s
here is 11 hphttp://www.rc51.org/dyno/dmfyosh.jpg

Last edited by Mrgrn; 09-20-2009 at 12:34 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:56 AM

I may have a full Hindle race system up for sale shortly... the only thing is that you'll need to replace the right elbow pipe that goes into the right muffler... and a new right-side pipe hanger. It is a high-mount system (very high, like Sato Banzai high.)

If anyone wants, I'll post pics.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 03:48 AM

eBay is your friend. This is a great deal since you need everything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1127
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode