Borrow rear peg mounts for mockup - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Borrow rear peg mounts for mockup

Hi all,
I am rebuilding a wrecked 2002 RC51 for next track season. My neighbor owns a custom cycles parts shop and is going to dyno and tune her as well as machine some custom parts; 520 cyro sprockets, shock reservior mount and rear exhaust brackets. I want to mount the new Scorpion Exhaust without the factory passenger footrest mounts. He is going to design and build custom exhaust mounts. However, I don't have the original rear mounts for designing the custom replacements. We plan to make these available to other RC51 owners so we need to have the factory mount locations exactly right. We can build my mounts without the original pattern but to make the design master fit all aftermarket exhaust, we need to have a set for accurate design.

Does anyone have a set you will lend me for some measuring? I'll pay shipping both directions. Karma will circle back.

Last edited by rc51racer; 11-09-2010 at 02:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 05:35 AM

If you can wait 6 weeks I can get you mine otherwise check ebay there are tons on there cheap.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

I was hoping to get to this sooner but if we don't start on this project for another 6 weeks, I will take you up on your offer. I won't need them for very long. I did see I can pick up a pair on Ebay for about $70-$100. Of course I can sell them when done too. I am trying to avoid those extra steps but Ebay certainly is an option. I appreciate it. THANKS!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2010, 07:12 PM

I don't have a problem lending them to you. PM me the address where you want them shipped. I'll take them off when I get home from work tomorrow and I'll have them out no later than Friday. I've been lurking on this site for over a year now, have gotten a lot of useful information as well as some good used parts (thanks skelotonjoe, hondaruss). Any friend of the RC is a friend of mine!

2 wheels 1 love
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot. PM sent.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
If a set is designed to keep the rear pegs, might there be a group buy??

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
If a set is designed to keep the rear pegs, might there be a group buy??
These are being designed to mount the exhaust to the factory location without using original rear mounts. The purpose is to remove the rear pegs.

What would be the difference between what you are seeking and a stock rear peg set? Are you looking for aftermarket replacements of the original product? If so, are you seeking to lose weight, gain anodized color options or just something that looks custom? The odds of a quality piece being cheaper than used originals is highly unlikely. Especially when original rears are not a desired part.

I am just trying to understand the market and what specific product you are seeking. If there is demand, these guys might build it. Note: I am a very experienced rider and a fairly knowledgable Honda guy but I am new to RC51's. Sorry.

As far as a group buy, I can make it happen. Mine will be the first set so until they are made, it would not make sense to discuss price. However, I am sure once the product is right and they know the prices, I can get the group in here hooked up. They know the loaned design pegs came from here and they are always wanting to get the first sets of new products out for testing and word of mouth marketing. So usually the first few go out lower priced.

I am currently helping them introduce some new Smart Car performance springs.

Kudo's to RealViciousTwin for sending them and to Cbrbear for the offer to support. I will get the mounts to the shop tomorrow and keep you posted.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Site Sponsor

Karma is a funny thing... it really does circle back...

With that said, if you need any other parts to test fit or mock up, just LMK...

Ride safe!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

new type rear exhaust bracket update

Hi guys,
The 3GUYZ shop has finished the making the tool and is starting on the build today. As soon as it is done and we know we have proper fit, I will send back the peg mounts (Another shout out to RealViciousTwin!) and post some pics. If enough interest, I'll arrange a group buy.
Stand by!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010, 12:51 PM

passenger peg mounts

Check ur inbox

2 wheels 1 love
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode