oh where, oh where is my 2:1 exhaust?! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Unhappy oh where, oh where is my 2:1 exhaust?!

Hey guys! long time reader, first time poster. I bought my RC51 from my brother to save it from a peaceful, quiet life as a garage queen and a death from boredom. =) He knows I've always wanted one, and knew it was going to a good home, so began my reconditioning!

I was SOOOO close to a nice Jardine 2 to 1 full system on eBay because I went to sleep instead of stay up until 4am to make sure it was all mine. I will never sleep well again. I have had an IMPOSSIBLE time trying to find ANY full system near me, in Dallas, TX. I prefer the 2>1 for weight savings, and yes, kinda for looks. But push comes to shove, and I am thrashing for any reasonably priced FULL system. My SP-1 has headers that have been through hell and could only be salvaged by a master exhaust system jig wielding shop professional, and I've tried that route already. I have 2 weeks to find an exhaust before the track season begins and I can gain points to serve on an endurance race team.

So... Does anyone have any exhaust parts that will help get me to the track this season? SP1, but I understand full systems are universal for the RVT1kr. I missed out last season when I got the RC51 late in the year, and have only done time on a CBR600F3 and GSXR750 at the track. I feel like a crack head and only have the budget of 2 or 3 crackheads. Please help me!

Anyway, thanks for reading, I hope you were amused enough to donate a Sato or Moriwaki system! =) Let me know what spares you left over items you have, or if you know anyone selling a full system and a good price. I am also willing to acquire ONLY headers, aftermarket preferred, as I can get a fresh canister and make some adjustments in the short term. I do have some Hindle Midpipes with only one small ding on them to use/trade/sell.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Meant to post this is the Wanted Section. Apologies, can I move it, or how is that done? I'd rather ask than double post. Thanks!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Thread moved to Wanted Items section.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Duckhunter has an as new (stainless & Titanium) Akrapovic full system complete with new packing and titanium sleeves, springs, etc. for an SP1. Ping him a message and he can send you pictures, etc. He also has a Moriwaki rainbow set, but they're slip ons with mid pipes. Finding a set of used headers may be difficult. Have you tried www.rc51parts.com?

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Stig!

Apologies for the delay, I thought I had replied. Thank you sir, for the direction. Akrapovic's, while downright beautiful beyond belief, are going to be well out of my price range (same with Moriwakis and Satos). I'd be a lucky SOB if I found a used Jardine system somewhere online, as I see them come up every now and again. I went from casually looking to frantically looking after realizing track season is upon us. I've heard negative things about the Erion systems, and haven't seen a full Yoshi system advertised anywhere. While it is a needle in a haystack search, it is one I am forced to commence with my budget and my desire. Just hoping that this post might trigger someone to post their spares or offer up their current exhaust if they are upgrading. =)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Keep looking, one will come along. I picked my headers up from a mate, and the can from eBay, total cost 350.

The sound is epic, and the system weighs next to nothing.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
May be able to help

Sent you a PM. I have decided to go a different direction with My RC and have an Akrapovic header that I may let go. Before getting too excited I have NO mid pipes and you will need to fabricate or adapt yours to work. Header is very nice only has small ding mark. Let me know and maybe we can work it out.

Bterrell
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
May be able to help

Sent you a PM. I have decided to go a different direction with My RC and have an Akrapovic header that I may let go. Before getting too excited I have NO mid pipes and you will need to fabricate or adapt yous to work. Header is very nice only has small dig mark. Let me know and maybe we can work it out.

Bterrell
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

PM sent. Thanks!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Brit RC, thats one sweet look man! I'd love to get setup like that. All in good time!

What headers do you have there? The Akra pipe is nice, have you been able to get some dyno runs with the setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode