Looking for SP2 wheels, complete - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Looking for SP2 wheels, complete

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a set of track wheels for my 06 SP2. As complete as possible, without tires. Cosmetic condition isn't a big concern, I can repaint them. Straight and damage-free is important. Thanks, guys.

2006 Black Edition SP2
- Stickerless black...giggity
- Assorted stone chips
- Multicolor bug splats, updated weekly
- Custom boot scratches and crash marks on the tailpiece
- Scuffed bar weights & brake lever from asphalt acrobatics
- Road grime under the fender and tail
- Leo Vince exhaust
- Otherwise OEM, not gonna make BOTY any time soon

HOE-LEE SHEE-YIT, the TORQUE!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Rim Rummage.

Just found out from David Silver Spares in the UK a day ago that these are on back order from Honda with an ETA around July 13th. (!).

I have a set, but they got bent a little bit. Still haven't felt like going to the bike's room to have a look & take pics, yet. I'm still trying to muster the courage to finally go out & open the door to the room & look at the bike.

Give me a few more days.
And then I'll go on another test ride to see how they stand up at speed.. They were okay upto 75 - 80 MPH on the way home after the incident, several days ago.

Take Care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb. 14th. 2014 Download 1628.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	58697  

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
There is a plenty of sp2 rear wheels on us ebay right now. I just picked up a mint sp2 front wheel with rotors for $320 shipped.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Atif, Sorry to hear that. Must've been a BIG rut!
Maybe get some carbon wheels (Dymag DA5) like mine. You'd be amazed at the difference they make to how the bike feelsafterwards + they look very similar to standard in shape. I think I paid around 1,700 GBP. I suspect Honda's prices won't be much different... so maybe you should consider these. I can get them for you VAT free with cheap shipping - if you feel temptation to go for them. Then send the old ones to me and I'll get them perfectly repaired here before sending back to you so you'd have an original set as spares (Or you can send to UK for repairs - it's not a difficult thing to have done).

Carbon ones won't bend. I've seen videos of tests of them where people throw these very high and have them crash onto the ground (Without tires fitted ) and they don't break.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 08:12 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTF/PTM View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a set of track wheels for my 06 SP2. As complete as possible, without tires. Cosmetic condition isn't a big concern, I can repaint them. Straight and damage-free is important. Thanks, guys.
I have a set of PVM Y-spokes with a used 43 tooth sprocket & a new 42 tooth Supersprox sprocket I had custom made some time ago. Wheels are near mint. Was going to put them up for sale, but just haven't got around to it yet. They may be too nice for what you want, but PM me if interested. They look like this:

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Smile Rippled Rims Rumble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Atif, Sorry to hear that. Must've been a BIG rut!
Maybe get some carbon wheels (Dymag DA5) like mine. You'd be amazed at the difference they make to how the bike feelsafterwards + they look very similar to standard in shape. I think I paid around 1,700 GBP. I suspect Honda's prices won't be much different... so maybe you should consider these. I can get them for you VAT free with cheap shipping - if you feel temptation to go for them. Then send the old ones to me and I'll get them perfectly repaired here before sending back to you so you'd have an original set as spares (Or you can send to UK for repairs - it's not a difficult thing to have done).

Carbon ones won't bend. I've seen videos of tests of them where people throw these very high and have them crash onto the ground (Without tires fitted ) and they don't break.

Thanks for the offer, Miguel. This happened last week & it was just an inch deep gash in the road, which I hit at 70 MPH. I haven't looked at the bike since. I'll take pictures & will see how good repairs are over here. New OEMs are more than GBP 400 for the front & more than GBP 500 for the rear. I don't want to replace with other alloys, as these may bend at lower speeds. I'm not too sure about the loads under which carbon may break. At least I was able to operate the bike without any issues after the accident.

I've already sent payment for the OEM rims that are on backorder from Honda, with an ETA of mid July. I'll wait & see what I'd want to do with my bent rims. I'm thinking of repairing them & hanging onto them. Next time I may not want to wait as long to get the bike to where it needs to be. I've also ordered a new front fender, just in case I've cracked the old one, as these are prone to crack near their mounting bolts. My old US fender had a small crack in it, as you well know, even 'though Id never abused the bike in any way & nor did I hit any pothole, etc.

Take Care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140419_174345.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	58945  

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Atif View Post
Thanks for the offer, Miguel. This happened last week & it was just an inch deep gash in the road, which I hit at 70 MPH. I haven't looked at the bike since. I'll take pictures & will see how good repairs are over here. New OEMs are more than GBP 400 for the front & more than GBP 500 for the rear. I don't want to replace with other alloys, as these may bend at lower speeds. I'm not too sure about the loads under which carbon may break. At least I was able to operate the bike without any issues after the accident.

I've already sent payment for the OEM rims that are on backorder from Honda, with an ETA of mid July. I'll wait & see what I'd want to do with my bent rims. I'm thinking of repairing them & hanging onto them. Next time I may not want to wait as long to get the bike to where it needs to be. I've also ordered a new front fender, just in case I've cracked the old one, as these are prone to crack near their mounting bolts. My old US fender had a small crack in it, as you well know, even 'though Id never abused the bike in any way & nor did I hit any pothole, etc.

Take Care.

DOC PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDNT PAY $1500+ FOR A SET OF OEM RIMS

the aftermarket Aluminum Wheels from RK excel, Marchi or Carro are MUCH better quality and cheaper.... they will stand up even better than the OEMs and increase the handling quite substantially.

2003 SP2: Everything I could find.
1991 Honda HawkGT
2008 XR650L
Dec. 2011&2013, Sep. 2015, May 2019 BOTM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode