Looking For Aftermarket Cams Or Other Parts - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking For Aftermarket Cams Or Other Parts

Plans are to do some AHRMA BOTT races in 2015 and thought I would look around for some performance cams if anyone had anything they were not using. Or if you got anything let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
You, me and another guy all postinng within 2 weeks of each other about cams..never been able to find anything online searching multiple sites and old threads...if u find someone that will make a run of billets, I'M IN!

derrel
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Would these do?

http://www.kentcams.com/product-deta...ft/HON21-Race/

My Öhlins Project: https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6033
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
Congratulation to MakisRC51 for winning the 2014 Bike Of The Year Contest!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 08:14 PM

may be a little aggressive for me...I was reading somewhere about stage 2 mori's....said the higher lift ones were for the last hi rpm power...I'd like some midrange...I forgot the ideal specs but I could find them/...I wish they made more than that one cam...

looking for a super crank too......Anyone know where to buy a full engine gasket set? looking to build a 140-150 whp twin.....bought the engine today...sent to tuned performance in CA to begin work.....hord will probably do the heads...anyone mention anyone else to do the port work? find other cams?

Whatever happed to the durbahn guy? he used to make about everything I want!

Derrel tks makis!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 03:15 PM

roger at revolution uk

Roger ditchfield was contacted after I was given his website here...here is what he says about cams:

Hi Derrel,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Sadly the Moriwaki ST2 camshafts and ST2 valve spring lit are no longer available.

However, I am able to offer the following SP2 Camshaft Kit ex stock as follows:-

“Revolution” Billet Racing camshafts with slotted cam wheels and complete with a valve spring kit consisting of springs, spring base plates and spring caps. This set up is generally used for Twins Racing or dedicated Trackday usage but there are 4 bikes to this spec on the Streets in the UK and 11 in Europe. The cost of this matched kit is £1695.00 GBP delivered to the US.

Here is the camshaft specification for you and your engineers:-

INL EXH

CPL 105 107

Open 30.0 BTDC 60.0 BBDC

Close 60.0 ABDC 26.0 ATDC

Duration 270.0 266.0

V/Clearance 0.200 mm 0.300 mm

Peak Cam Lift 12.3660 mm 11.9800 mm

Peak Valve Lift 12.1660 mm 11.6800 mm

Lift @ TDC 4.565 mm 4.212 mm

ALL AT 1mm (40 thou”) LIFT with ZERO (0mm) valve clearance

For Road Racing (eg I.o.M TT Races) when long straights demand high constant “top end” running, the exhaust CPL can be moved to 110 or even 112.

These camshafts need to be installed into suitably Ported & Gasflowed cylinder heads to maximise efficiency

RECOMMENDED MAXIMUM REVS 11,200rpm

Please contact me again if the Revolution Camshaft kit is of interest to you

Speak soon

Regards

Roger
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014, 05:13 PM

Wow..this guy roger never sleeps..he's answering me at midnite..here is more info on the cam situation as well as info for engine building from his experience.

Roger,

WOW what a quick reply!

I try my best to be efficient!

Can you convert the gbp to dollars?

Aprox $2880 USD at this morning’s conversion rate.

are they available now?

Yes

shipping time to USA?

3 Days by UPS (included in the price)

Yes the heads will be ported and ceramic coated combustion chambers/valves/exhaust port...looking for mid range...wonder if these cams are a little too aggressive???

No. They will be fine they were designed for BSB Superbike short circuit racing and the World Endurance racing where power out of the corners is the key to success

where does the power band lie on these?

4200rpm to the rev limiter at 11,200
So springs, retainers, cams in the kit?
The kit contains camshafts, slotted camwheels, Special valve springs (inner & outer), spring base plates and spring top caps.

It does NOT include the 16 Honda OEM valve collets part number 14781-MBB-003 which I think you have called “retainers” See attached photos

Anyone making the flat faced HRC type valves to get a true 12.7 CR out of the hi comp pistons??
I think it would be much less expensive for you to source the HRC type valves in the US rather than Europe or possibly Australia.

PLEASE NOTE

After much development work alongside HRC, Mamoru Moriwaki from Moriwaki Engineering, the sadly late Bob Hayashida from BVH in Reno and myself as the three appointed HRC domestic satellite development teams on near unlimited HRC budget it was collectively proven that the best results were produced for usable power and reliability were HC Pistons of 11.1:1 or at the very most 11.6:1. Both of these are now produced by JE Pistons in the US. My own personal experience and the ones that I recommend are the 11.1:1 JE’s. I know all the fancy computer programmes will tell you that 12.6 :1 pistons produces more power but believe me when I say that in practice they are full of issues especially the Wiseco product. The majority of blown engines from around Europe which have come to my workshop for salvage or repair had either Wiseco 12.6:1 pistons fitted or quick shifters fitted to OEM gearboxes!!

With regard to quick shifters there is no problem when they are fitted to a close ratio gearbox for example a NOVA box

I APPRECIATE your help greatly!
Looking forward to doing business with you.

I am always happy to help RC51 enthusiasts where I can whether they purchase products from me or not.

In your opinion, are the carillo rods, falicon crank lightening prerry much mandatory or just nice to have? I would appreciate info on what MUST be done and whats just NICE TO HAVE....

There is no need to to use Corrilla rods as the OEM rods are perfectly adequate and can also be polished and lightened. For added response performance I always lighten and polish the rods and crank but this is mainly on full racing engines (see attached photo).

I have fitted Corrillo rods on a number of bikes at the customers special request and there has been no issues at all but there has been no added performance over OEM rods

Hope this helps in your deliberations.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Hmmm...sounds like you got in contact with the right fellow.
Sure wish I had the coin to go into the that build right now.....WoW!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode