WTB/WTT- Red Oem SP1 Front Fender (I have carbon) and Aftermarket Slave Cylinder - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WTB/WTT- Red Oem SP1 Front Fender (I have carbon) and Aftermarket Slave Cylinder

So my bike came with a carbon fiber front fender. It is in very good shape with no cracks or noticeable scratches. However I kinda like the look of the OEM red fender better. Im thinking of a trade for your Great condition fender + a little cash on your end. (Must not have damage and must be usable as is. Paint must be great as I dont want to paint it. IF thats the case I would just paint this carbon one)

I am also looking for an aftermarket billet or otherwise Slave cylinder. I want a little better feel on my clutch. This is my first hydro clutch and not sure I like it as much as my old 600rr cable clutch. I dont want to go to a cable system though as theyre too pricey for me. I know STM made one but I cant find one available. I also dont want to pay 300 bucks for a new TSR One from Ebay.
Does anyone know where to find one of these? And will it in fact give me better feel/engagement or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
The STM CBR1000RR clutch slave is a direct bolt on to the RC. I think I have the part number on the box mine came in at home. Will double check it for you. Should be able to find this for under $200.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks scott! I actually found that out doing research on the subject - But even looking for a STM for a cbr1000rr I am coming up empty handed. Such as this -

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com...l.bok?no=15788

Says its not available anymore.

PS = How much better did the STM make the clutch feel/engage? Is it worth the 200+ bucks? Or should I just try rebuilding mine? I know the fluid in mine was changed within the last year or so....shouldnt be any air in the system. Just dont like the lack of feel compared to a cable clutch.

Last edited by RC51Pilot; 10-14-2014 at 09:45 AM.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Try shooting CBRbear a pm. He had two when I bought mine from him. May still have one left. If not, he may be able to tell you where he bought them. Mine was NIB and I don't believe he had it just sitting around for a long time.

honestly - can't tell ya on the feel yet. I was waiting to do my slipper clutch and Factory pro shift kit install along with new line and slave and just do all the clutch work at once. I have all the parts now, just haven't started the work.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 10:59 AM

In my experience the clutch on the 51 tends to go off after 6 months or so requiring a quick re-bleed. Usually after that everything comes good again. If I were going to spend the money I'd change out the master cylinder for a nicer radial. A stainless line always helps. Try giving it a bleed and see what you think.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
here is a TSR for $200, scroll to the bottom

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47921

2003 SP2: Everything I could find.
1991 Honda HawkGT
2008 XR650L
Dec. 2011&2013, Sep. 2015, May 2019 BOTM
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I have a Varadero cable clutch conversion for sale
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

good lookin out devil. Gonna send a PM.

Do you feel its a worth while upgrade? Or should I just remove mine clean it up change the seals and re bleed it?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
i think its a worthwhile for sure, i paired mine with a brembo 16RCS master so its very nice and a easy pull. very linear and light pull . i have never had it with the stock master, but if you have spare cash, why not?

2003 SP2: Everything I could find.
1991 Honda HawkGT
2008 XR650L
Dec. 2011&2013, Sep. 2015, May 2019 BOTM
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 09:13 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
How much cash you talking on a trade?
I have one off a 04 and if I remember right it's pretty much mint for a used fender.

What brand is your C/F unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode