Need Akrapovic or Ladybird header brackets - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Need Akrapovic or Ladybird header brackets

Never mind. Found!
I was digging out a box from storage that had a set of 929RR forks and the box I opened had all the missing parts along with another carbon fiber repair kit. If I didn't volunteer to help a forum member rebuilding his leaking fork, I would have never look in that box I packed away 8 years ago. Karma! I only found the $500+ parts because I volunteered my time to help a biker buddy.
-----------------------disregard the following----------------------Kent

I have a complete Akrapovic system for the SP1 (2000 year Honda RC51) but am missing the oval brackets that go on the header bolts and the short piece of pipe those brackets hold to the cylinder.

The pieces needed are shown in Detail 1 of the attached picture. (The picture is the SP2 pipe but I need the SP1 connecting piece which is a bit different. Just use the picture to identify what I'm talking about)

I need both brackets and pipe sections for both cylinders. I found a source for brand new parts but I can't see laying out $400+ for a few pieces that are not even visible on the bike. Anyone have some used parts for under $200?

Verified that either the Akrapovic or Ladybird pieces will work for my SP1. The pipe sections mate up with the 45mm mid-pipes that I already own.

Any help? I guess I could just sell the Akra stuff and mount up the stock exhaust if nothing turns up.

Thanks for listening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AkrapovicSP2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	93074  

Last edited by mudduc; 09-04-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: No longer needed. I found the missing parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I'm looking for a full akra header (no cans, going to use ladybirds) for an SP2 if you decide to sell.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Nothing available from me, sorry. I now have two full Akrapovic systems for the SP1. One with carbon cans and one with titanium.

Nothing to sell except the stock headers and pipes but I don't expect much of a market for that stuff. Is anyone buying the stock exhausts?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudduc View Post
Nothing available from me, sorry. I now have two full Akrapovic systems for the SP1. One with carbon cans and one with titanium.

Nothing to sell except the stock headers and pipes but I don't expect much of a market for that stuff. Is anyone buying the stock exhausts?
you just have an SP1 header though, correct....?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2015, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

I have two Akrapovic headers both for SP1. I have two RC51s. I should probably sell one but I can't see parting with either for the few thousands they are worth. I'd rather keep one for riding and put the other on a shelf as a trophy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode