WTB Undamaged Stock Rearsets - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Cool WTB Undamaged Stock Rearsets

I need a set of stock rearsets to replace the Protek rearsets that are currently on my SP-2. I guess I need to rant a bit as well since I know someone will be wondering why I would want to replace aftermarket with stock rearsets? Well I read people posting all the time both on this forum and others about buying "American". Being an American I want to support local business and not send my dollars over seas but some companies just don`t value their customer`s business! 3 weeks ago I placed an order with Protekk.com to replace the Brake bracket and Brake lever that got bent during a low speed lowside. Me being frugal I wanted to replace the damaged parts as opposed to buying a new kit from someone. Went to the Protek site and placed my order in good faith and waited for my 2 parts to arrive. Well after a week I decided to give them a call since the are in NJ and I am in PA. Well I`m told the lever is in stock but the brake bracket isn`t. I ask when it will be available and I`m told that they would check around with some distributors and local resellers and locate what I need. This mind you is after my debit card is charged! I tell them I will check back in a couple of days and they tell me they will contact me. I wait.....a week with no contact. I ask the status of my order again and get the same answer. They tell me to check back in a day or 2 this time. I do and what do I get? Some asshole yelling at me that it`s too much trouble to make a few parts for a 15 year old bike! I asked the guy to stop yelling and he tells me in no uncertain words to fuck off ! Now if this kind of indifference to your customers of your company is the norm......I will take my business to China...Japan or TIMBUKTU!!! Why should I ....a customer have to put up with rude behavior just to buy a product I don`t think so!!! Now that I have that off my chest I can calm down and have a beer or three and ask if one of you folks either has a set of stock rearsets or the brake side rearset from Protek. All I wanna do is ride my RC51!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Send me a PM.. I will send you photos...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode