horn please! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
horn please!

so, i noticed my horn wasn't loud enough when i went to honk at someone a few times, almost like i couldn't hear it. finally today i decided to actually stop the bike and try it out because i remember being able to hear it over the bike, i swear it. obviously because i'm writing this i didn't hear anything. i get home and check the fuse, find out its part of the lights too so that cant be it. i take my switch apart and put my meter to it with the ignition on......nothing. now i'm thinking it may be a wiring problem. well, before i started chasing wires i decided to check the connections @ the horn, hmmmmm. so, where is it? no i know where it is, its a rhetorical question. the answer is ITS NOT THERE!!! (wheelies, ugh, i know.) the piece of the bracket is there on the nut where i attached it and so is the wiring (luckily the connectors were intact with the little boots). so this explains why i have no audible horn, no voltage @ the switch, and no time wasted on tracing out wires (although i did waste about 20 minutes on testing a switch that was totally fine).

would any kind sir in this wonderful community have one that you have basically thought of many times about throwing in the trash because you race and have absolutely no need for it (working obviously)? please help a gent out! i love you guys! (no homo) i got an inspection in may that i wont pass unless my horn goes peep peep.

lovin' my little torque monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgspecial View Post
so, i noticed my horn wasn't loud enough when i went to honk at someone a few times, almost like i couldn't hear it. finally today i decided to actually stop the bike and try it out because i remember being able to hear it over the bike, i swear it. obviously because i'm writing this i didn't hear anything. i get home and check the fuse, find out its part of the lights too so that cant be it. i take my switch apart and put my meter to it with the ignition on......nothing. now i'm thinking it may be a wiring problem. well, before i started chasing wires i decided to check the connections @ the horn, hmmmmm. so, where is it? no i know where it is, its a rhetorical question. the answer is ITS NOT THERE!!! (wheelies, ugh, i know.) the piece of the bracket is there on the nut where i attached it and so is the wiring (luckily the connectors were intact with the little boots). so this explains why i have no audible horn, no voltage @ the switch, and no time wasted on tracing out wires (although i did waste about 20 minutes on testing a switch that was totally fine).

would any kind sir in this wonderful community have one that you have basically thought of many times about throwing in the trash because you race and have absolutely no need for it (working obviously)? please help a gent out! i love you guys! (no homo) i got an inspection in may that i wont pass unless my horn goes peep peep.
I definitely might have one kicking around in my basement, I'll check when I get home tonight, and I'm in Rhody so we could get together pretty easily.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Garage
any meep meep will do for the inspection no?

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yes but i want a permanent one for the people on the road to fear me by. dont want just any peep peep, its gotta sound like stock, people will notice. @RIRC51 thanks! i dont wanna drive out to rhode island just for a horn, ill pay for shipping. (as much as i want to do some sort of bike meetup)

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Bummer man, after scouring my shelves of RC stuff no horn, but, for some reason I kept 5 tipover switches... ugh.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
thanks anyway!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I know I have a spare horn, almost tossed it in the bin last week.... pay shipping and its yours
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
how much to ship to 01826 in the usa? thanks!

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Im in Chicago, so ship priority mail for $7 or first class for $4
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
pm me your paypal info and ill send you some money, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode