Looking for SP2 Exhaust Slip Ons & Mids - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looking for SP2 Exhaust Slip Ons & Mids

Are there any of these still around? Just seeing what is available on the forum. Nothing recent in the classifieds. Simon has some Lady Birds which may be about the only option at this point. Open to advice for sure!

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-02-2020, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Save up for the Ladybird's , but I'd avoid the GP cans unless you're already deaf.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 02:57 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
rp tuning has a really nice set too, lil pricey like simons. id go with simons or rp imho.

lovin' my little torque monster.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm leaning towards the LadyBirds, although I did find a set from Hindle also at a great price but I do not think they have the engineering behind them like the LB's. What are you all running with jg and Joe? Banzai/high rise or standard mount? Do you have the PC as well? I was hoping to do the exhaust and PC for for $1500...

My RC is a cherry, 2002 SP2 with 13k miles. I did the standard mods: 520 & gearing conversion, flapper mod, pairing valve, fender eliminator...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 06:13 PM

I had Jardines on mine for years , the Ladybird's were a big improvement , both aesthetically and performance wise. I've got the tri-ovals , which I believe they've stopped making now. They were $1250. The titanium cans and mid pipes all together weigh less than one Jardine carbon can without the mid pipe. The LB's are titanium in and out , the Jardine's were stainless cores and end caps. The cores on the LB's are too big , great bottom end with a loss on top. I experimented and settled on a restrictor with a 1 5/8 inch outlet. I wanted the regular mounts so I could keep the rear pegs. I don't think the Hindle's have tapered midpipes.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Joe XR, it looks like you can get the LB's in a 45mm core or 60mm core. What are yours? I am 50/50 on maintaining the rears pegs. But I really don't want to cut into the hot bodies under piece. That was a real job to get fitted and secured in the first place.

When you say restrictor plates do you mean end caps or a baffle? Where did you get your restrictor plates?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 06:50 PM

Mine are 60mm cores , I made an insert with the smaller hole. The outlet tip looks pretty much the same , but the smaller opening recesses into the tip. You have to be looking close to notice.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Cool, fabricated in the garage! I love making parts and pieces. The core size surprises me, I would have thought the larger core would have increased the top end at the cost of mid-range. Anyway HardPartsJapan has the 60mm or 45mm for about $1k, seems to be the going rate. I dont think the Hindle had tapered mids and that RP Engineering looked just slightly sketchy. Do you happen to have a pic of the final product on your RC handy?

And did you do a Power Commander with the exhaust?

Thanks again for the info & advice...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Was the Jardine that 4-2-1 thing they tried for awhile?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-03-2020, 07:14 PM

The Jardine's were slip on duals. I've got a PC3R , it does both fuel and timing , I put it on years ago. I bought my '04 new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode