Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - 04 rc51 Castrol full Ladybird
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Jtxfr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
04 rc51 Castrol full Ladybird

2004 Honda RC-51
-Castrol bodywork
-Ladybird exhaust: full system 2-2
-Heat wrapped mid-pipes
-Bridgestone S20 tires: brand new
-520 chain conversion
-16/41 gears: brand new (stock 16/40)
-Undertail w/LEDs, w/Integrated
-Powercommander

All the normal mods but NOT the normal rc by any means. This bike is a beast. People talk about v-twins and rolling thunder, well this bike IS rolling thunder. The Ladybird pipes are 2 into 2 and can wake the dead with their incredible note.

I had a new 02 rc that I regretted selling for years. I told myself that when, if I ever got another, I'd never sell it. Well, I got it and I even put on castrol bodywork, but once again financial issues has forced me to to let go of my all time favorite.

Must see. Not a stunt bike. Never abused. Asking $5200. Prefer contact via text 574..274..0932 Note: tank is vinyl wrapped. Previous owner had a graphics business and this bike was used as product demo. I have white vinyl on order to complete the race graphics look.

Also, have spares. Original bodywork, wind screens, swing arm stands, and front end stands.

***Mileage: If you know anything about the rc51, you know that they are geared super tall. Stock is 16/40, both the motorush and rogue rc51 forums agreed that the hot ticket was the 15/42 with a 520 chain conversion. This bike was immediately switched to 15/42 but with the stock chain and stayed that way until I bought it. Previous owner did NOT put a speedo healer on though. Which means it racked up way more miles than it has actually travelled. I got it and the stock chain was pretty dusted so that makes me think it has about 12ooo actual miles because thats when the stock chain went on my first rc which was purchased brand new and kept totally stock except exhaust. With this bike, I did do the 520 switch and put on 16/41 gears. One tooth on the back, barely different than stock. Due to work and where I live, I've only been able to ride it a handful of times this year. Not even a thousand miles. odo says about 20500 I think. Don't let that number scare you: 1) its a honda 2) it has gear driven cams 3) its a honda and 4) the above gearing explanation

***Spares: spare bodyworks is gone now. It was all stored in our shed which was crushed by a tree in one of the storms awhile back. I DO still have woodcraft swingarm and front end stands available tho. Could probably find a speedscreen or some small stuff if I dig around as we've owned 3 of these before.

***Tank/graphics: the white graphics is here, I just haven't put it on. I don't have a place to do that kind of work and I didn't want to mess it up.

I DON'T WANT TO SELL.
MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN.

-04 rc51...ladybird, pcIIIr, castrol, sargent
-03 rsv-r...akra shotgun
-99 955i...wun off under seat exh 3-3
-04 vfr800...stock
-05 gsx-r -1000...stock, and perfect
-02 rc51...Jardine 2-1
-96 cbr900...stock, 25k miles in 9mo of riding
-95 yzf600...stock, rode it twice, bought to trade
-88 hurricane1000...?? 4-1, terrible custom paint

too many dirt to list