New RC owner (actually 2 RC's now) - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New RC owner (actually 2 RC's now)

Guess since I am going to be a sucking leech of knowledge, I should say hello...

I have always wanted a RC since I got into bikes and saw them. Was going to buy one as my firts "real" bike 2 years ago, but the wife went crazy and bought me a brand new 08 Busa...

Anyway, sold one of my trucks Sunday, and happened across a cosmetically challenged RC on craigslist with high miles (30K). Bike had never been down, but the owner who had it since it had 10k used it as his DD, and decided he wanted to spray it black... with rattle cans... and apparently, he has complete retardation when it comes to painting.. Fair enough, it was under 3k, so I bought it.

Was getting ready to load it into the bed of my truck, guy lets go when bike was on the ramp, when I was on top of bike, and we both went over the side of the ramp (it was only 2 feet or so, but none the less.. Bike landed on the right mirror, broke the mirror, bent fairing stay, broke that area of the nose, dented the tank, the coolant tank (the plastic one) rested on the engine case and got a hole in it,
and made the right side rad leak... Great........... So I have be scouring for parts and knowledge since sunday....

Fast forward to yesterday- Found a guy with a coolant tank locally on ebay. Went to pick it up, and he tells me he has an 04 that they are going to strip for parts.. pulls it out for me to look at, we start pricing parts, next thing I know, today he and I strike a deal for the whole bike...

So now I have an 04 Nicky edition that was resprayed 2 tone silver with a bad paint job, but other than some cleaning and tlc, doesn't need anything..

So moral of that story, I will likely try to sell off the Sp1 for $2500, and rebuild the Sp2

So howdy everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 07:20 PM

Congrats! Good luck on the rebuild and sale. Don't write off the idea of keeping the SP1 as a track bike and swapping parts back and forth.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

My track days are not going to happen, its street time only, so no need for a track bike...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Welcome to the group!

Man I'd be pissed if some goof-ball caused mine or any bike to fall off a ramp and get busted up. You're lucky it didn't land on you and break some bones.

He ought to at least help fix the bike since he caused the damage.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

I am black and blue , but life moves in slow motion, and self preservation kicked in, and I got the hell out of the way of the bike on the way down.

Guy was not helpful other than saying, "man that sucks".

O well, I have an 04 to tinker with now too becuase of this..
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 01:10 AM

Hello! Welcome here.i am too new here and having a great time.Good luck with your rebuild.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 01:16 PM

Welcome to the Forum! Good find on the 04 RC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode