Took a Decade... - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Took a Decade...

Hey guys. It's been a while since I had a damn good reason to join a new forum but this is the best I've had in a while. In 1999 at the tender age of 19, being (young and impressionable) I was on the way home from hooking up with a gal in Canton, OH on a nipple-shattering October Sunday early AM. I was on the way home fast.
So when I slowed down to pass these two cars and make sure they weren't cops, decided they weren't, and dropped the hammer again only to blister pass the State Trooper (who's headlights were just poking out of the median), then decided to run (my buddies all told me if you get stopped over 100 they take the bike anyway) only to get arrested at gunpoint, (scratching my pretty new helmet in the process..)two things happened.
1. First time I'd ever gotten in trouble for anything, how I didn't soil myself I'll never know.
2. My deposit on my New,in-the-crate, 2000 RC51 was now going to be allocated for attorney's fees.
It took me 11 years, a 2004 954 that got stolen,a 2004 Superhawk that I had to trade in, lots of ups and downs, but I finally have my RC.
It's not new, I don't have the crate, and it's lost it's original paint and decal scheme along the way but it's been taken care of, never raced, and never downed. Thankfully it's just a black metallic.
Mods include a Power Commander III, Micron Full Exhaust System, and some sort of fender Eliminator system. When I got the bike the taillight didn't work. (brakes lights did.)
So I pulled the entire tail apart expecting the worst like everything else I've ever purchased used. I was happy to find that the wiring was done well. I do have a couple extra connectors I'll need to identify but that's just me being anal. Turns out the P/O or the prior one tied into the rear brake light switch for the running lights/license plate light and just burned out the lamps. 2 minute re-route and some bulbs later and we're all good.
I haven't had a chance to ride it (like really ride it) yet while I get it all dialed in but I'm looking forward to it. Whenever that may be. I need a new rear tire due to the commuter-flat in it but we're almost there. New exhaust band on the left rear, HID kit and we're rockin'. I am looking forward to owning one now with a decade of data on it out there.
Regards,
Animal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-10-08_11-31-11_1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	823  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Also: NOT my helmet.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
Also: NOT my helmet.
LOL I was gonna say...

Welcome and enjoy! The RC is a great bike!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 PM

Spot on, they look good in black
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
nice. welcome bro.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Well, 5 months in between posts is better than nothing I guess.
I'll reintroduce myself since the last didn't take.
Shortly after posting the above information I had an appt at the DMV to go get my license back. I earned a DUI early 09, my first and last for certain. Cali is in such bad shape that even playing by the rules, and doing everything right they managed to lose paper work. twice. And I managed to get injured on my day job which took me out and forbid working my 2nd job as nightclub security til I healed up. al said it was 2 years of my life. The icing on the cake was me being under the impression that everything was right, and sauntered into the DMV expecting to be riding my bike real soon.
Nope.
Turns out when I tore the tendons in my arm taking down a thief at work (was my job) that caused me to be unable to attend those DUI "classes" for a while, I was dropped. Even though I informed them the nature of the absence. DMV informed me that I would have to be done with all aspects of the program to get my DL back.

That point arrived last Friday.
First ride was to Carmichael Honda to get a Tire and then freedom. Sweet Freedom.
I appreciate all the " WHERE ARE YOU ??!! WE miss you!!!" automated notifications.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Lifetime Premium

well.....welcome back. sounds like you've had some rough times and made some stupid mistakes. but we've all made mistakes....hope thats the last of it so you can keep enjoying your RC. ride safe.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:20 PM

Hey all: well just picked up a well used sp2 for track days. Gonna be a whole bunch of days before I can the 51 ready to go. No body work, pretty much everything else there. Going to do a ground up...er wheels up rebuild. Will post pictures as soon as possible. Looking forward to the forum....
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Lifetime Premium

cool, congrats and welcome to the forum

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Welcome again to the group!
Hopefully you'll get that bike on the road and enjoying it soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode