New to the bike world... - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New to the bike world...

Hey everyone

My name is Jordan and I am a paramedic from Rochester NY. I have a long drawn our history with Jetski's and Snow Mobiles, fast cars and other exhilarating sports.

My buddy has been trying to get me on a bike for the longest time and finally I broke this past winter. I told him I wanted a bike that was fast but cruisable, rare, fun to ride, able to be modded and big. He rides and stunts an F4i and I told him that would do. Knowing my personality and my taste in cars/skis he said no way. His exact words were "We gotta find you an RC51... Probably have to go a few hundred miles to get one but we can get one." I hopped on craigslist and there was one within 20 miles from a guy who had 10+ bikes, sold all but his RC for a down payment on a house and still needed more cash. He babied it and loved it, but it unfortunately(for him) needed to go. His loss was my HUGE gain. I took one look at the bike and had to have it. Loved it at first sight.

I'm learning how to ride and definitely have an incredible respect for motorcycles, this particular bike and the nuances that come with it all. I signed up for a learn to ride course that also doubles as a license endorsement upon completion and have had a couple rides with my permit and a licensed driver around town.

I just wanted to say to all of you that I feel your obsession and am happy to join you. I am definitely looking forward to learning a lot about this girl and modding it. Current mods listed below:

Power Commander 2
Jardine Exhaust
Couple other mods with chains, sprockets and some other “little things” that I don’t understand yet…

The only thing I am looking to add in the very near future is Woodcraft frame sliders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Nice find and welcome.

As for the RC being a cruising bike...maybe a cruise missle. This bike is all race and you'll find out soon enough.

They are a rare breed in the bike world...in a good way,

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Welcome aboard!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah I definitely found that out. I was really surprised by how tourqey it was and how much respect it commanded. By cruisability I really wanted a bike that was comfortable too and I was really surprised with how comfortable it is. I have sat on my buddies F4i and it felt really small and like I was leaning down and completely holding myself up by my arms. With the RC I feel like I am leaning on my arms enough to feel the bike but still sitting. It's a comfortable balance for me.

My height and weight definitely played a considerable amount into the specific choice of bike. I'm 6'4 and 260lbs so I needed a bigger bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode