Hi from Seattle - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi from Seattle

Hi all,

I've had my eye on an RC51 for a few months. For some reason I never really noticed them until recently! Went to MotoGP in Indy this year and saw tons of them at 'bikes on Meridian'. Is Indianapolis the mother ship of RC51's?

Anyway, I went to a local bike night here in Seattle (backfire moto) a couple of nights ago and saw a couple of mint RC51's so I decided to start looking into them. I currently ride an 08 CBR 1000.

Cheers,

Todd
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Senior Member
 
jondog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 8,653
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Welcome. If you like the tourque more in the lower rpm, like 5000 and up, then you'll like the feel. Your blade is a faster and more refined bike, but the RC51 earned it's pedigree starting about 11 years ago. So altho there are newer better bikes, the RC51 holds it's own in character and ability. It's just such a different ride, my favorite!
Hope you get one.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

jondog9 is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Welcome. If you like the tourque more in the lower rpm, like 5000 and up, then you'll like the feel. Your blade is a faster and more refined bike, but the RC51 earned it's pedigree starting about 11 years ago. So altho there are newer better bikes, the RC51 holds it's own in character and ability. It's just such a different ride, my favorite!
Hope you get one.
Thanks John. Yeah, fast is all relative, I guess. What good does 160 HP and 180 mph do you on the street?! I typically do a couple of track days a year and maybe would notice a big difference b/w the CBR and RC51 then, but I'm sure the RC still handles well and is fun to ride. Weight wise, it looks like they're about the same. The RC51 definitely wins on the character and uniqueness side of the coin. There's a 2000 at a local dealer that I'm going to go look at today. I've never actually sat on one.
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 01:18 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch 7M4 View Post
Hi all,

I've had my eye on an RC51 for a few months. For some reason I never really noticed them until recently! Went to MotoGP in Indy this year and saw tons of them at 'bikes on Meridian'. Is Indianapolis the mother ship of RC51's?

Anyway, I went to a local bike night here in Seattle (backfire moto) a couple of nights ago and saw a couple of mint RC51's so I decided to start looking into them. I currently ride an 08 CBR 1000.

Cheers,

Todd
Lets just say there was a small organized group of us at Indy. There are quite a few here in the area but majority were from out of town. I have owned several bikes and the RC51 is the only one I have bought twice....with no regrets.



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
Lets just say there was a small organized group of us at Indy. There are quite a few here in the area but majority were from out of town. I have owned several bikes and the RC51 is the only one I have bought twice....with no regrets.
Cool! I was quite impressed with downtown Indy and especially bikes on Meridian. There was a good mixture of every type of bike there and everyone seemed to get along and be having fun. Looking forward to going again next year.
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch 7M4 View Post
Cool! I was quite impressed with downtown Indy and especially bikes on Meridian. There was a good mixture of every type of bike there and everyone seemed to get along and be having fun. Looking forward to going again next year.
Its all about the good times and the comradery of motorcycles.Next year should be better when all of the Super Bowl construction is done....that was a real hinderance to traffic flow.

Maybe next year we have an "official" RC51 evening



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Well, I couldn't resist the lure of the RC51. Here's the bike I picked up from USMC 1812 this weekend in Boise. Nice doing business with you David.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20111112_102244.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	2044  
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Senior Member
 
jondog9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 8,653
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Saweeet!! I remember that bike. Those Sato's must sound divine!

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

jondog9 is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Saweeet!! I remember that bike. Those Sato's must sound divine!
Yeah I haven't had much chance to ride it, but I did take it out for a 1/2 hour when I got home and unloaded it from the trailer. The Sato's are fooking loud! They sound good though. I couldn't really rev it much as I was riding around without a license plate. I did manage to set off a car alarm on a side street.
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch 7M4 View Post
Yeah I haven't had much chance to ride it, but I did take it out for a 1/2 hour when I got home and unloaded it from the trailer. The Sato's are fooking loud! They sound good though. I couldn't really rev it much as I was riding around without a license plate. I did manage to set off a car alarm on a side street.
That bike looks great. I told myself I was going to try to keep my ride stock, but every day I get on this forum and see all these non stock bikes. SO SCREW IT, time for an exhaust and an undertail, double bubble and and and and and .

Congrats on the bike.

2004 Nicky Hayden RC51
enzo220 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome