Hello Im new here. - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Im new here.

Hello everyone. Im new to this forum and just wanted to say hello. I have never owned an RC51 until now and its mostly parts for a project I need to do cause well Im retired and needed a project to do over the winter. I have almost enough to finish the build aside from a few parts, but I have 3 frames and bunches of parts, just not the ones to complete the bike lol. So anyways Im glad to be a part of the forum and look forward to meeting everyone.
Thanks and have a great day.
Dyle Brinkley
Oh if anyone knows where I can get an SP2 swingarm and rims, and also the throttle bodies and airbox. I need plastic as well but Ill get to that later. I do have some parts to trade if anyone needs them. Im new so I know this may not be the place to post it and Ill gladly repost in the right place once I get more used to the site.
Again thanks everyone and I look forward to meeting everyone cause even though I have build ALOT of race and street bikes, I have never built a vtwin and the RC was ALWAYS one of my favs. Cant wait to get it together. I have a former Kevin Erion Racing Honda F3 that's my race bike so this will be all street. But here is a pic of my F3 now and then on weekend with some street bike plastic on it cause I crashed on this weekend and didn't have any more race plastic to run with. But you can see Im running thru a field of Vtwins and just about to pass a novice on an RC. Well this is me and I hope you enjoy the pics. If so let me know Ill gladly show off my onboad video. Im old so I enjoy showing off my old .ss trying to look fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5579.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	74602   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8720.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	74610  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
welcome. yes pics and video!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 02:35 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
from one old dude to another, welcome...I have a few mostly engine parts lying aound so give me a holler if I can help!

Derrel

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddeus View Post
welcome. yes pics and video!
For my race video you can go to my Youtube page. Youtube.com/dnr4everus and then search for WERA RRR March 2011. I had 3rd for most of the race but got passed on the next to the last lap. And then again by a HWtw T675. But hes in another class. So I finished 4th but this race was actually 3months b4 I had a heart attack and heart surgery. Scary times. But Im stronger than ever and trying to get back to living. Don't pay any attention to the date stamp on the video. It wont change and even now shows that same date on it. LOL. But enjoy riding with an old man and PLEASE post you thoughts. I was 42 when this video was made. My heart surgery was 3 weeks b4 my 43rd bday which was July 5th 2011 my bday was the 22nd. LOL so I got a new birthday for my birthday..LOL.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogiehooker View Post
from one old dude to another, welcome...I have a few mostly engine parts lying aound so give me a holler if I can help!

Derrel
Thank you Derrel. Ill get back on tonight in classified section and post up a list of all the goodies I need to get a real good start on my project.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
old? 8n you 40's? got ya beat by a decade almost 2...lol..now THATS old...least it feels old after a bucking gronco cbr1000 tossed me for a flip.....lol
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum.
So you're about 45?
That's NOT old.
I too, have you beat by about a decade.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Welcome to the Forum.

As far as some SP2 parts, I have some stuff Im going to be getting rid of soon. Shoot me a PM if you'd like.

2011 CBR1000RR Repsol Edition #212 - stolen
2001 RC51 - SOLD
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogiehooker View Post
old? 8n you 40's? got ya beat by a decade almost 2...lol..now THATS old...least it feels old after a bucking gronco cbr1000 tossed me for a flip.....lol
Im 46 now so after the heart surgery and a few years b4 that I too was tossed by my CBR1000 and woke a week later with a bunch of metal in my spine with just about everything else broken. But I was in my early 30s then and that is actually what took me to the track. I figured it was obvious that I was going to grow out of acting like and idiot on my bike so I needed a better, safer place to do it so Geoff May is a good friend and took me to see him race back then his F3 and I was hooked from then. I did rebuild my CBR1000 cause it was a 91 we actually brought from Japan brand new It was a CBR1000 Hurricane. Now in the later years they called it a 1000F here in the US but they made a very few actual Hurricanes that had a few HRC parts in it. But I loved the bike, rebuilt it and rode it for years after the accident until at about 100 thousand miles she was done and a house fire demo crew didn't give me time to rescue her from the fire she was completely done, no way to repair what a front loader does when it runs over a bike.

RepsolCraig Ill shoot you a PM of the parts I need over the next couple days if that's ok.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bike close3.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	74618   Click image for larger version

Name:	dylescbr1000k.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	74626  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Buncha old geezers in here

25 yo here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode