New in PA - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New in PA

Hello guys! What can I say, as of Tuesday, I can finally say that I am an official RC51 owner. I am pretty darn stoked to be have this bike in my garage. I have wanted one since they came out when I was in college! I picked up a 2003, and the thing is cherry! It totally stock with the exception of Erion Racing slip ons and an undertail and was very well maintained, and it was just what I was looking for....now I just need a warm day to take it out and get a good feel for it! So I owned a few sport bikes before, and my last one was an 03 954 which I sold to put toward a house. After a few years of being without a moto I bought a roadstar warrior 1700 and put some good long miles on it, but missed the sport bike, so I saved my pennies and added the 03 RC51 to the garage.

I want to keep the bike mostly stock beside some bolt on features for comfort like a new seat, and some adjustable rearsets, and I would like the peace of mind of having a steering damper on there even though some may say its not needed.

Besides the bikes my other passion is mountain biking, downhill and xc, I'm an mtb and moto junkie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jut8 View Post
Hello guys! What can I say, as of Tuesday, I can finally say that I am an official RC51 owner. I am pretty darn stoked to be have this bike in my garage. I have wanted one since they came out when I was in college! I picked up a 2003, and the thing is cherry! It totally stock with the exception of Erion Racing slip ons and an undertail and was very well maintained, and it was just what I was looking for....now I just need a warm day to take it out and get a good feel for it! So I owned a few sport bikes before, and my last one was an 03 954 which I sold to put toward a house. After a few years of being without a moto I bought a roadstar warrior 1700 and put some good long miles on it, but missed the sport bike, so I saved my pennies and added the 03 RC51 to the garage.

I want to keep the bike mostly stock beside some bolt on features for comfort like a new seat, and some adjustable rearsets, and I would like the peace of mind of having a steering damper on there even though some may say its not needed.

Besides the bikes my other passion is mountain biking, downhill and xc, I'm an mtb and moto junkie!
And that's all that really matter's. Warm weather, and a new-to-you-bike to ride. Life's simple pleasures, yeah?!
Welcome. Nice score on the 03. Some here claim they're the fastest. Well, I say, it's the 2000's that started the RC51's, you decide
We've done some similiar things. '02 warrior, 20 years xc mountainbiking, bout 10 years dirtbiking.

I have a christmas list for you.
1st- Powercommander - if you dont already have one to go with those slip-ons, and to smooth out your throttle response.
2nd- Adjustable rearsets, very good for dialing in your most comfortable riding position, as the RC's aren't as roomy as that 954.
3rd- seriously comfortable levers, like pazzo, CRG, Titan, etc.
And a damper is nice too.

Wouldn't normally post up a cruiser, but these warriors are pretty worthy. Some R1 suspension and braking on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2009_0503warrior4sale0059.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	2078  

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Last edited by jondog9; 12-02-2011 at 04:30 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 05:16 PM

Nice pick up.
The bike sounds like a keeper.
Hope you become as addicted to the machine as we all have on this forum.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 05:50 PM

enjoy it man
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys! Jondog, it does sound like we have a bunch in common, I left the motocross out of my mix, I was into it for awhile, then the mtb and street bikes took over all of my spare time. I like the Christmas list you put together for me, I didnt consider the powercommander because the pipes were just slip on's, but I guess it couldnt hurt. Ill start pecking away at that, I did get a bit impulsive and buy some pazzo levers last night after enjoying a couple Ranger IPA's....it seemed like a good idea at the time sitting on the couch, lol! Hopefully some rearsets and some other goodies will soon follow. Here is a quick phone pick from the day I picked it up:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	2079  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Welcome...read some of the information on rc51.org. This site has some more specific information about these bikes.

check out http://www.hordpower.com/index.php?m...7517937f8a879d

Hord sells services and goodies for the Rc as well and they are fairly close to your location.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Becareful, the RC has a way of becoming apart of you, they get into your blood, your soul. i dont know how but it will...just be ready for it.

+1 on jondog's list

Welcome to the Family

James

BTW the 03's are the fastest
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

This thing is already becoming a part of me! Weather looks decent for today and the roads are clear, so I may get my first brrraap session in on it, totally stoked! I can't wait to add a some items to my christmas list to it, this could get addicting, but after comparing some accessory prices to the price of the Mtb accessories and bikes, it's not going to be too bad to get the bike where I want it, at least the moto industry is still relativly sane with their pricing.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jut8 View Post
This thing is already becoming a part of me! Weather looks decent for today and the roads are clear, so I may get my first brrraap session in on it, totally stoked! I can't wait to add a some items to my christmas list to it, this could get addicting, but after comparing some accessory prices to the price of the Mtb accessories and bikes, it's not going to be too bad to get the bike where I want it, at least the moto industry is still relativly sane with their pricing.
I fell hook, line, and sinker
But I gaurantee, some of what you will discover you really need to have on your bike, is gawd-awful expensive. Namely the good suspension and rim upgrades.

Edit: Hope you git out and twist that throttle today. I'm going to; nice weather here.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

I got it out today for just under 50 miles of saddle of time, I was grinning from ear to ear. Its better than I had expected it to be. Everything was so smooth and precise, and it took no time at all to feel at home on it. Its a keeper for sure....just like you said, hook, line, sinker, it has me! Here are some proper photos of it, like I said its mostly stock, and there is also one of the warrior, like jondog said, its probably one of the few worth posting in a sportbike forum, I still have love for it too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode