New and might need advice and help - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
New and might need advice and help

Hello everyone.

Well I am new here and would like to introduce my self. I'm Arvid and I'm at the age of 32 or soon to be. I've been riding bikes in the pnw area since 2005. My first bike was a R6 that I bought off the show room floor. I told my self that I would never sell it but being without a job and no money I had no choice. I've had a few more of the R6 bikes that I've rebuilt since they were in bad shape or wrecked. One of them I sold and one is still a work in progress. Since I sold my R6 there hasn't been as much riding as I would have liked but not having bike that runs makes that a problem. So last year I solved that and picked up a Sp1 that was in bad shape and needed my help. She had seen some days at the track and those days weren't good to her at all. Seems to me she was also stored outside for a while since the chain was seized and was all coverd in dirt and other grime. Since i got her last year I can't say I've done much to her at all until of late. Buying a house in the Spokane area last year as well kind of killed my rebuild funds for the bike but glad I got into the housing market before prices went up. As of late I've given her some new rubber, powder coated the rims and a fresh new chain and sprockets. She lived a hard life and now I want to make her shine again by building the bike that I will never sell since I regret letting go of my first bike I ever owned. I hope to get to know many of you guys in here and hopefully get to ride with the guys that live close enough to meet up with. Hope some of you can help me with advice on what to buy and maybe even sell me some of the things I will need to make her all shiny again. Need to start hoarding for this winter so I can get her ready for next summer.

Thanks

Arvid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Tires were out for powder coating
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1428906631660.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	84465  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 06:40 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome Arvid! There's plenty of knowledgeable members here that can get you pointed in the right direction if you have any questions. All the best!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 06:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Welcome

I went from an R6 to an SP2, too, similar to your situation, and although I regret selling the R6, the SP2 has an addictive quality that the R6 didn't have. No matter how many pieces the SP2 may end up in (not that I plan on it, mind you), I don't think I'll ever give her up. Enjoy

2006 Black Edition SP2
- Stickerless black...giggity
- Assorted stone chips
- Multicolor bug splats, updated weekly
- Custom boot scratches and crash marks on the tailpiece
- Scuffed bar weights & brake lever from asphalt acrobatics
- Road grime under the fender and tail
- Leo Vince exhaust
- Otherwise OEM, not gonna make BOTY any time soon

HOE-LEE SHEE-YIT, the TORQUE!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Welcoem to the site and congrats for giving that gurl a chance for a new lease on life.

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

these are great bikes and always wanted one so now were going to go a bit crazy on her to make her that hot 18 year old chick everyone wants. getting parts before the hoarders seems to be my biggest issue so far but hopefully i can beat then once in a while so i can start my hoard before my rebuild.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 08:55 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Welcome. As someone who also enjoys hoarding up parts & rebuilding bikes, I can sympathise with your situation. Keep at it and do little bits here & there as and when you can afford, keeping everything well organised. No rush & no stress. One day it'll be ready. Better not to rush or compromise on these things any more than absolutely necessary.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Thanks the stig. I'll keep at it and will eventually get the things I want but some of it doesn't always show up too often like the cable clutch someone beat me to. Thankfully im starting early as this is my winter project so think I'll be ready for this winter once I've gotten the frame and other parts powder coated. I'm looking forward to it and the process of the hoard as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode