Hi New FL member - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Burntclutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi New FL member

Thanks for adding me and hi to all my fellow RC51 and bike enthusiast! I've been on bikes since the 70's and have rode for years - until I married a great woman who just doesn't get the whole bike world. No worries like I said she is great and after having to ride all my friends bikes just to satisfy my love of riding (also built a couple of truly fast cars and still have one but it's not the same) I've finally just bought another bike after 12yrs of NON ownership and I bought one of my bucket list bikes - of course the RC51! I remember when it came out - right about the time I got married LOL and almost purchased one then but after years of wanting one a great deal from a close friend was offered so I just did it! so my 2003 RC51 will be residing in my garage this Wednesday and I look forward to getting to know the crew here and giving my useless input. Oh I have extensive experience in building cars as well so if you have a question ask! I love all things that go fast including cars but it's not the same without doors Thanks again!
Burntclutches is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Senior Member
 
ogiehooker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
great to see a fellow car/bike enthusiast here,,,welcome and enjoy! What part of FL are you located?
ogiehooker is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Burntclutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogiehooker View Post
great to see a fellow car/bike enthusiast here,,,welcome and enjoy! What part of FL are you located?
Thanks Ogie - I'm located in NE FL - Jacksonville.
Burntclutches is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Senior Member
 
kwtoxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,151
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Congratulations! Lots of great info and members here.
kwtoxman is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: CA, Central Valley
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntclutches View Post
Thanks for adding me and hi to all my fellow RC51 and bike enthusiast! I've been on bikes since the 70's and have rode for years - until I married a great woman who just doesn't get the whole bike world. No worries like I said she is great and after having to ride all my friends bikes just to satisfy my love of riding (also built a couple of truly fast cars and still have one but it's not the same) I've finally just bought another bike after 12yrs of NON ownership and I bought one of my bucket list bikes - of course the RC51! I remember when it came out - right about the time I got married LOL and almost purchased one then but after years of wanting one a great deal from a close friend was offered so I just did it! so my 2003 RC51 will be residing in my garage this Wednesday and I look forward to getting to know the crew here and giving my useless input. Oh I have extensive experience in building cars as well so if you have a question ask! I love all things that go fast including cars but it's not the same without doors Thanks again!
Hi,

Welcome to the RC world. I'm glad you finally got your RC. I went through a similar lull in my riding life about the same time as you did right when the RC was released. I got her last summer and I'm having a blast riding and working her.

Have fun riding!
RC51SP2 is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 08:54 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Welcome to the show.



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chiba, Japan
Posts: 4,617
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Welcome Burntclutches.

Our dreams should come true, that's one of the successes of life, I suppose - not necessarily material ones...!

I predict you'll be modifying your bike before long. Like you I'm a car nut who has also built some crazy quick cars. I remember before I had them I though (rightly!) that point to point in the real world there was nothing quicker than a good bike. My 954RR2 even though I never loved it much, only merely liked it - was my time-machine, as it would allow me to sleep more, or get home much quicker than sitting in traffic on my way to places. But I didn't love it so it didn't get modified.
I've come to learn that when I really like a machine because I understand it has great potential, then I improve it with a focus on that. I've also learnt from observation of friends, the wrong thing to do once we've made something close to perfect for ourselves, is to sell it.... That's just a big waste of time and money doubled if not more. We just start again !!!

So I keep the vehicles I love and vow never to sell them, ever. Fortunately my choices have been good and they're holding their value if not appreciating.
There's not even a 1% chance I'd sell my SP so I haven't minded spending money on it over the 9 years owned, I may never see again.

Be careful getting back onto bikes after a long hiatus. Like getting into a hot bath and immersing yourself slowly... Re-born bikers are the highest percentage of likelyhood for serious accidents, after new riders. Brakes & power are a lot more on an SP2 than bikes of the 70's so stay safe & enjoy!

...Oh, and aside from pics of your SP2, for fun please post a pic of the mysterious fast car you still have. There's petrol heads with inquiring minds here that want to know!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
The Stig is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 07:22 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
CapeCodderRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cape Cod Massachusetts
Posts: 1,239
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the club ! My Mom and sister live in Yulee and Ameila Island . Hows the riding down there . Many twisty roads up north ?

Growing old is mandatory , Growing up is Optional
BOTM / April 2014 , October 2016
Clint / 2000 RC51 #414
CapeCodderRC is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Burntclutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Welcome Burntclutches.

Our dreams should come true, that's one of the successes of life, I suppose - not necessarily material ones...!

I predict you'll be modifying your bike before long. Like you I'm a car nut who has also built some crazy quick cars. I remember before I had them I though (rightly!) that point to point in the real world there was nothing quicker than a good bike. My 954RR2 even though I never loved it much, only merely liked it - was my time-machine, as it would allow me to sleep more, or get home much quicker than sitting in traffic on my way to places. But I didn't love it so it didn't get modified.
I've come to learn that when I really like a machine because I understand it has great potential, then I improve it with a focus on that. I've also learnt from observation of friends, the wrong thing to do once we've made something close to perfect for ourselves, is to sell it.... That's just a big waste of time and money doubled if not more. We just start again !!!

So I keep the vehicles I love and vow never to sell them, ever. Fortunately my choices have been good and they're holding their value if not appreciating.
There's not even a 1% chance I'd sell my SP so I haven't minded spending money on it over the 9 years owned, I may never see again.

Be careful getting back onto bikes after a long hiatus. Like getting into a hot bath and immersing yourself slowly... Re-born bikers are the highest percentage of likelyhood for serious accidents, after new riders. Brakes & power are a lot more on an SP2 than bikes of the 70's so stay safe & enjoy!

...Oh, and aside from pics of your SP2, for fun please post a pic of the mysterious fast car you still have. There's petrol heads with inquiring minds here that want to know!
Thanks for the welcome! Yes never get back on and think your skills are up to par! I've been riding friends bikes just to get back into the swing of it. The difference between Car Fast and Bike Fast is I've always truly enjoyed the adrenaline rush when you come out of the hole or a corner on a bike and you RIDE!!! The Car is different but still fun But Bikes will always be my first love and I'm eagerly waiting for Wednesday to arrive so I can bring it home!!

I'll get some Car pics up as soon as I have 10 posts - Bike pics as well.
Burntclutches is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Burntclutches's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodderRC View Post
Welcome to the club ! My Mom and sister live in Yulee and Ameila Island . Hows the riding down there . Many twisty roads up north ?
Riding weather is great and if you know where to go you can find some off elevation riding but not a lot to chose from in FL! Your Mother and Sister are right up the road. I'm originally from Atlanta so I'll take the bike up and hit the tail when I go home over the summer!
Burntclutches is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome