It's finally time! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's finally time!

I've had new bikes, old bikes and used bikes. Bought my first street bike in 2006 (GSX-R). Enough said! My next bike was a CBR1000RR. Fell in LOVE and NEVER bought a different bike. I've had a 2005 repsol, 2009 Repsol and a 2012 HRC 20th Anniversary Edition. I'm forever a Honda guy!!! I've had the opportunity to work at a few shops in my younger years and have rode every make and almost every model street bike. I'm now at a time in my life I want another bike but don't quite need the power of a inline 4. I've ridden a few RC-51's and have always loved the V-Twin sound and the looks of the RC-51. It's time to finally embark on this special motorcycle and the community of riders that embrace it. I have done enough research over the years on the RC-51 but don't know all the little quirky things about them. I'm here to learn and excited to finally find one and keep it forever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 02:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome, as i discovered myself there is a lot of info on this forum.
As far as i know there aren't many particular isseus with the RC51, if you don't mind it's drinking problem......
Probably the more experienced drivers can tell you more about any problems.

Scirocco

- I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left-
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
They are relatively bulletproof as any Honda goes as long as you change the oil and other consumable maintenance items are taken care of.

The #1 item most people have issue with is the fuel pressure regulator. Do a search, there is plenty of information to be gleaned from this website.

I too loved my 1KRR....my '06 was a solid ride.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2016, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
So many people on this board have helped me.. and here's my chance to give back.
I have one HUGE suggestion for you, based on my own experience of buying an RC51 this year.

1. Turn on said motorcycle and simply let it idle. Within a relatively short amount of time (10-15 min?) , the temp will reach 220.
2. Does the FAN automatically cycle ON? If not WALK AWAY. (it should)
3. The FAN cycles ON, but the temperature does not DROP and continues to climb?? (RUN AWAY).

The fans should click ON.. temperature should drop to about 210, fans clicks off. Temp creeps up again to 220 and the process happens all over again.

If you purchase a bike whereby 2 or 3 is occurring, youll be dumping money into it.. just to stop it from overheating. Hope this helps in your search.

Last edited by polivo1; 01-08-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode