New Old RC51 guy - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
New Old RC51 guy

Hey all,
Todd here, in Charlotte NC.
I bought a 2000 RC51 after being on the wait list. Best decision I ever made! After 30k beautiful miles and dozens of track days it gave up the ghost at V.I.R. I parted it mostly out, transferred some components to a 2002 RC51 I bought to takes its place (including the Ohlins, Scotts damper), then added titanium Yosh pipes, did all the free mods, heated handgrips, and new mirrors with integrated blinkers.
I've put another 20-25k miles on that one in the terrific Carolina Blue Ridge mountains. And now it mostly sits in the garage waiting for the 2-3 rides a year I can do, since I have two little boys that I spend all my time on. Looking forward to riding more once they get a little older.

Soooo, I have a couple boxes of oddball parts from the 2000 RC and a few I have taken off or upgraded from the 2002: Rotors, brake systems, a few electronic components, brackets, etc. Hit me up if you are looking for something that you are having trouble finding, I may have one.

Was a Long time member of some previous RC51-dedicated sites. I don't spend too much time typing about them anymore, but you may see me post a ForSale item here occasionally.

Ride On,
Todd in CLT
(Heatmizr)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 11:48 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Welcome aboard man. We have a pretty good group of members here, so you may be compelled to type a bit more.

NC here too, just south of the outer banks. Hit me up if you're ever out this way.

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode