New to the forums, newbie in need of help
I'm new to these forums and am hoping there are some friendly people on here that can help out a newbie to riding.
I'll start by letting you know a bit about my bike so hopefully I cover anything important.
I own an '01 RC51, purchased in great condition with just under 14k miles on it. It had a power commander already installed from the previous owner as well as some aftermarket exhaust and a couple other mild visual mods. Bike ran great with no problems.
Last week I layed it over for the first time going about 20 or so, roads were a bit damp so I was taking it easy but I guess you can never be too carefull.
Bike layed over on the left side and other than scratching up the ferrings and exhaust, nothing major was broken...had to bend the shifter pedal back and replace the turn signal.
Started it up after a couple days and every time I do, the left pipe has white exhaust coming out of it and only the left one, for a few minutes and then goes away.
I also have an FI light issue that I couldn't seem to find online and I'm not sure how to go about it, I did read the manual too.
This is what happens when I start the bike.
1. Ignition on, cutoff switch off, nothing unusual.
2. Turn engine cutoff switch on without actually starting the engine, FI light blinks on and off but very slowly.
3. Start the engine, kickstand down in N, FI light blinks slowly.
4. Kickstand up in N, FI light blinks slowly.
5. Kickstand still up in 1st gear, FI light stays lit and doesn't blink.
6. Back into N with kickstand still up, FI light stays on.
7. Kickstand down in N light starts blinking slowly again.
Light also stays lit while riding. I know a slow blink is 10 blinks on the codes but the fact that I'm getting 2 different codes in 2 different scenerios has me a little confused.
I also took the ferrings off and everything underneath seems fine, no melted wires, everything seems to still be connected.
Any help is appreciated, sorry for the long post, just wanted to make sure I cover everything.