Will a different swing arm fit on my 03 RC51 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Will a different swing arm fit on my 03 RC51

I'm looking to change both front and rear wheels on my RC51. I'm having trouble finding wheels and parts in general. I was wondering if changing the swing arm and front forks would open up more options?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
that's a ridiculous amount of work for a set of wheels.

wheel fitments are pretty straight forward. the 1000rr rear wheel bolts right on, and the front can be adapted using a kit from SBKDREW.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Your absolutely right. It does sound like way to much work. But trying to buy anything that comes off a RC is crazy. I can get a swing arm from a 1000 re for a few hundred bucks. Rear wheel 80 bucks front wheel 80 bucks. I can't even find a SP2 swing arm and RC wheels must be made out of gold. 300 for a front. 300 for a rear.

I just started Searching for different Honda's anything other than RC51 And it seems like they are plenty and pretty reasonably priced. I mean 500 bucks for a tail section.. they have cheep aftermarket Body kits but all I hear is horror stories. Original body kits are either busted AF or somebody want something like $3000.

I found a company named NiceCycles That Claim to have made and patent Molds And they offer injection molded body kits for the RC51. They seem to have real nice reviews.

I just want her back to the glory I know she will be. I've always wanted an RC but Timing and finances always played against me. I ran across the one pictured in jumped on it it was literally given to me. I may have a grand in it now. I just want her sexy again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180218_134811_1519611009067.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	125129  

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Mint parts for a 15 year old bike aren't ever going to be cheap. Regardless of the bike.

Go buy mint bodywork for a TLR or 01 R1 and get a good deal. It's not happening.

You probably won't be overly pleased with nice cycle. I highly doubt they are anywhere near oem quality at their prices. Aftermarket bodywork carries a bad name because it's consistently bad.

As I said you can fit 1000rr wheels without having to change anything on your bike. Get that part out of your head.

The rc boards are pretty much a steady stream of people asking if other parts will both painlessly onto their bikes. The resounding answer to this question is no.

Keep your eye out for parts. Take your time. You'll find what you're after

If you want to build a mint bike from a wrecked one for minimal money, you bought the wrong bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode