• 6 Post By RCfifty1
  • 2 Post By PlymptonRC51
  • 1 Post By PlymptonRC51
  • 1 Post By Johnny34

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I've been a gearhead (cars and bikes) basically since I could walk. I've had many, many bikes in the course of my lifetime. Out of those many bikes, the ones that stood out were: Honda NC30 (a shrunken RC30), Ducati 998R, Ducati S4RS, CBR954RR, and my last bike . . . a KTM 990R. I sold my last steed thinking that I was done with riding. The itch to ride came back after a year. It never fails. The big question was what was my next ride gonna be? I wanted a twin or V4 . . . the sound. I didn't care how fast it went. Those days are gone. I don't need 200hp and all the high-tech. I just want to enjoy the ride. A classic Ducati? Been there. My buddy, who currently rides a Panigale and a classic 748, continuously mentions that he misses his 2002 RC51. I've always took notice of the RC but never pulled the trigger to get one. It's not until now that I realized what I've been missing out on. You guys know what I mean. I've been searching, researching, and learning for a couple of months now. A deal fell through for a clean out-of-state 2002 . . . stock with Remus slip ons. Disappointed, my search continued and I found another clean black/grey 2005, again out-of-state . . . 8k miles and with some very nice bolt on mods (including low mount Sato slip ons/rearsets, Ohlins, SCOTT, etc.). But not what I wanted color-wise. Even my buddies told me to wait for the RIGHT one. So that morning I opened Craigs List Los Angeles AGAIN and typed in the search window "RC51" . . . low and behold a stock unmolested uber clean Nicky Hayden replica with dealer installed Jardine slip ons showed up. The seller relunctantly just posted the ad that morning. And the rest, as they say, will be history . . . things happen for a reason. This was THE ONE I impatiently waited for. ---I'm the short guy with the original owner/seller (a movie bike builder, an AMA offroad champ, a Baja 1000 champ, and Max Biaggi's supermoto mechanic) in the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hayden_md.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	130105  

Last edited by RCfifty1; 04-02-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 10:20 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the club, and congratulations on your new ride !!! Your patience looks like it has paid off for you. I also have been into bikes and car since I we was 6, and got my first Z50 for Christmas in 1978. I bought a new RC in 2002 and then sold in 05 to help buy a house. Had a couple Ducatis after buying the house, a 996 and a 998. They just weren't like the RC, and I always knew I needed get another. So in 2016 I bought a 04 with 5400 miles on it in, and have we been very happy I did ever since. My wallet isn't happy, as the aftermarket parts are expensive, but is a great hobby to have. Ride safe and enjoy your new bike !!
robertj1979 and RCfifty1 like this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks PlymptonRC51!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 11:51 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
The forum is loaded with classic information, and still a few active members. If you are on Facebook, there are a bunch of very active groups there also. Honda RC-51 fans is most popular in the US, but if you type in RC51 in Facebook search all the groups will come up to join. Just figured would let you know.
RCfifty1 likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats on the new ride. I nearly did a out of state fly and buy when I was looking for mine. It's always a good feeling when you score a good bike locally.
RCfifty1 likes this.

\_(ツ)_/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode