RC51 Forums banner

SP1 Owner from South Germany

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  nigelrb 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,
My name is Manu and I live near Stuttgart/Germany. I'm a proud SP1 owner. I'm trying to keep it as OEM as possible (looking forward on OEM+).
It's my first V-twin and it took me some time to adapt to this engine, especially slow driving in the city...
The SP1 has been my dream bike for a very long time. My dad owned a red SP1 (early '00s) which he traded in for another bike.
Since last year I'm a proud SP-owner.
The only two things I have put on that bike are:
- Scottoiler
- LSL handle bars
- new turn signals (old ones had that carbon look, see pictures)

Soon to come:
- SPAL fans on both sides
- change the seat to s.th. more comfortable
- annual maintenance like oil change etc.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey Manu, welcome to the forum. I lived in Nufringen, outside of Stuttgart for 6 years up until spring of 2018. I used to ride my CBR out around Wildberg and out to Freudenstadt etc.

I miss it very much there. That area will always be my true home, so it is nice to see someone else from the area. Can't wait to see more of your new bike.

#4 ·
Hi @gts455,
I live in Schwaebisch Gmuend (you've probably heard of it, assuming that you served in Germany...it's 30miles eastern from Stgt). But it's true, around Stuttgart are some beautiful roads to ride... my favorite one is the former formula one track (now a public road) called "Solitude" in Leonberg.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

#6 ·
Yes I am familiar with Schwaebisch Gmuend, I spent a good amount of time in the area around Goeppingen and Weinstadt.

And of course Solitude is a favorite. Glemseck 101 is a good time. I was fortuante enought to meet Carl Fogarty there a few years ago.

#10 ·
Reactions: nigelrb
#8 ·
I like the the decals and colors @gts455 .
Glemseck 101 ... that's probably one of the best bike events I've ever been to.
This picture was actually taken there last year.
That's the first time I understood what a unicorn the SP is. A lot of people asked me about the bike and took photos etc.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

#9 ·
Thanks, the 900RR colors are unique and were a European only color scheme. I did a complete rebuild of the bike and it went from being a budget build to one of my absolute favorite bikes which is why i brought it back to the US.

Glemseck really is an amazing event. So much cool stuff and yes the SP is very rare in Germany. I had a friend who had one in Munich. I helped him getting parts from the US. That is what I miss in Germany, people buy bikes and actually take care of them. And they ride them hard. I miss those weekends just seeing everyone in full leathers tearing up the wooded country roads. Maybe one day I will move back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.