RC51 Forums banner

Intro

985 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  emlupi 
#1 ·
Good afternoon all,

I have been riding for 40 years or so and I am a Honda fan. I have attached a photo of my current Honda classic and I am looking to find a good example of the RC51 to add to my garage. I fully appreciate the value of these forums as a resource to help with info and issues along the way when it comes to working on the older models. The SOHC4 community was a great asset in getting the '72 CB750 back to roadworthiness. Hope to join in along the way.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, and welcome.

Great looking CB750 and brilliant restoration. Bang on.

I purchased a red one brand new in 1971 (K1 model) so yours serves as a good reminder of that era.

As for the RC51, I cannot comment of the state of the USA market (I am UK) but there are generally a few on the market, BUT you might have to hang out for a good one. We have a few of yours turning up here as 'barn finds':rolleyes:; and still commanding good money for the profiteerers.

Hope you find a good one because they are a BRILLIANT bike!!

#3 ·
Thanks nigel,
The bike is not restored, it’s still got the original paint and chrome. There’s patina to the finish that doesn’t really show in the photo but if you look closely you will see it.
I know that these bikes don’t come up very often and good ones are getting pricey. I can be patient and wait for the right opportunity to come along. In the meantime I will keep an eye out and lurk here to gain as much knowledge as I can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.