Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I figured I'd follow up with this thread, for anyone who may search later. Sure enough, the push-n-brake test wasn't enough, with the forks out and on a bench, one of them has a leaking seal. They'll be torn down next week to check for bends and whatever else may be damaged.
Folks, don't get complacent about checking stuff after a dismount, stuff that seems or feels ok could really ruin your day later if a defect goes unnoticed.
Thanks for the feedback, guys, kick-ass as usual!
2006 Black Edition SP2
- Stickerless black...giggity
- Assorted stone chips
- Multicolor bug splats, updated weekly
- Custom boot scratches and crash marks on the tailpiece
- Scuffed bar weights & brake lever from asphalt acrobatics
- Road grime under the fender and tail
- Leo Vince exhaust
- Otherwise OEM, not gonna make BOTY any time soon
HOE-LEE SHEE-YIT, the TORQUE!!!