RC51 Forums banner

Hello Im new here.

5K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  madbuyer 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. Im new to this forum and just wanted to say hello. I have never owned an RC51 until now and its mostly parts for a project I need to do cause well Im retired and needed a project to do over the winter. I have almost enough to finish the build aside from a few parts, but I have 3 frames and bunches of parts, just not the ones to complete the bike lol. So anyways Im glad to be a part of the forum and look forward to meeting everyone.
Thanks and have a great day.
Dyle Brinkley
Oh if anyone knows where I can get an SP2 swingarm and rims, and also the throttle bodies and airbox. I need plastic as well but Ill get to that later. I do have some parts to trade if anyone needs them. Im new so I know this may not be the place to post it and Ill gladly repost in the right place once I get more used to the site.
Again thanks everyone and I look forward to meeting everyone cause even though I have build ALOT of race and street bikes, I have never built a vtwin and the RC was ALWAYS one of my favs. Cant wait to get it together. I have a former Kevin Erion Racing Honda F3 that's my race bike so this will be all street. But here is a pic of my F3 now and then on weekend with some street bike plastic on it cause I crashed on this weekend and didn't have any more race plastic to run with. But you can see Im running thru a field of Vtwins and just about to pass a novice on an RC. Well this is me and I hope you enjoy the pics. If so let me know Ill gladly show off my onboad video. Im old so I enjoy showing off my old .ss trying to look fast.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
For my race video you can go to my Youtube page. Youtube.com/dnr4everus and then search for WERA RRR March 2011. I had 3rd for most of the race but got passed on the next to the last lap. And then again by a HWtw T675. But hes in another class. So I finished 4th but this race was actually 3months b4 I had a heart attack and heart surgery. Scary times. But Im stronger than ever and trying to get back to living. Don't pay any attention to the date stamp on the video. It wont change and even now shows that same date on it. LOL. But enjoy riding with an old man and PLEASE post you thoughts. I was 42 when this video was made. My heart surgery was 3 weeks b4 my 43rd bday which was July 5th 2011 my bday was the 22nd. LOL so I got a new birthday for my birthday..LOL.

#9 ·
Im 46 now so after the heart surgery and a few years b4 that I too was tossed by my CBR1000 and woke a week later with a bunch of metal in my spine with just about everything else broken. But I was in my early 30s then and that is actually what took me to the track. I figured it was obvious that I was going to grow out of acting like and idiot on my bike so I needed a better, safer place to do it so Geoff May is a good friend and took me to see him race back then his F3 and I was hooked from then. I did rebuild my CBR1000 cause it was a 91 we actually brought from Japan brand new It was a CBR1000 Hurricane. Now in the later years they called it a 1000F here in the US but they made a very few actual Hurricanes that had a few HRC parts in it. But I loved the bike, rebuilt it and rode it for years after the accident until at about 100 thousand miles she was done and a house fire demo crew didn't give me time to rescue her from the fire she was completely done, no way to repair what a front loader does when it runs over a bike.

RepsolCraig Ill shoot you a PM of the parts I need over the next couple days if that's ok.

Thanks again for the welcome everyone.

Attachments

#11 ·
pffft, you are obviously lost...

...the gixxer forum is down the hall on the left

#17 ·
Rc Devil I take it you liked my F3? Well heres some pics as we put it together after the paint job. Heres a funny story about it. I last raced March 2011, had my heart attack and heart surgery in July 2011. But in April I baught a new set of race plastic and dropped it off at a buddy's to have custom painted. He lives in SC and Im in Southern Ga. So for over a year I didn't get to see the finished result because I couldn't travel and well the last thing on my mind was my bike. So for the WERA GNF final in 2012 I traveled and got my plastic. Was my first road trip since my surgery so over a year. Well anyways for Christmas 2012 my son and my brother who happens to be my son's and I's mechanic thru all the years of racing assembled the bike in my son's kitchen so I could see it together. So just a few months shy of seeing it in one piece. I cried like a baby and my mind instantly started healing to match my heart. So heres a series of pics as they pieced her ( fondly named Brinksy ) together for me to see. And the final pic is the one taken just a few seconds b4 my very first track day after the surgery. That was in March 2013 2 years exactly from the last time I raced. I was a mess under my helmet but it took less than a lap for my stomach to settle and the right hand to turn the throttle and start putting down those lap times I had once ran at Roebling Road. I felt so alive and its been non stop exercise since. Cant wait to race/ ride again.

Attachments

#21 ·
Hi Dyle,

very nice story about the f3, that bike looks very nice in those colors, glad to hear you back on your feet. Im in Ga as well, up in Gwinnett County.

look fwd to seeing your build, i have one going of my own right now!

cheers

RC-D

#22 ·
Welcome & enjoy. 45 is average around here but don't let that bother you. Older guys tend to buy these bikes 'cos they (a): remember them & their heritage & (b): know the latest fashion isn't necessarily the best bike. ;)

Most of the committed owners will never ever sell their's either. :)

#25 ·
Too old ,Hah

It's funny that I ran across your intro thread as I was just wondering what the typical age is around here. I see posts every so often from people saying they are too old and wonder when that happens. I am 48 though I can't convince myself that its true. Welcome and thanks for opening the age conversation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.