Factory pro kit - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Factory pro kit

What is this factory pro shift kit?
Is the feel better on shifting gears or is it reability oriented?
One more thing is it possible to run a guickhifter mod on 140rwhp bike or is countershaft 3gear likely to break.
Do know that on 150-160rwhp it's most likely to give up if guickshifter is applyed, and by then you already use a race transmission(most likely)
But some of you maybe use it on a lower engine spec 135-140rwhp and oem gearbox?
mine engine spec is 135rwhp oem gearbox for now.
annyway..
Will upgrade to 140rwhp this year I think but do not know if it is better to have a guickshift instead of 5hp.
Plans are to go to max hp 2014 if everything works out for new serie here in Swe and by then it's not a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If you are at 150-160hp on an RC51, you'll have bigger problems than a factory pro shift kit can handle. That, and hopefully by the time you dump that kind of money into the RC, you'll know what it is for.

You can read all about the kits here: http://www.factorypro.com/products/s...ctory_EVO.html

They basically make the shifting feel better, and get a more positive engagement to reduce missed shifts, false neutrals and the like.

I don't know what bolt on you can get for the price of a quickshifter that will give you 5hp, depending on what you have done already. A well done dyno tune will be the only thing to net you 5hp for close to the same price of a quick shifter. If you are planning on racing, you should have a quickshifter anyways.

If you are already in the 135 range, you probably have exhaust, PC or the like, and an airbox. Much more than that and you are looking at headwork, cams, valvetrain etc. The work is easy enough to get done, but won't do as much as the other stuff. The other stuff is very hard to find still, and will cost you a small fortune when you do. More than 140 and you are chasing unicorns down a road paved with your hard earned money.

Just my opinion though. I haven't built anything crazy, but I've seen a couple well documented build threads that demonstrate what I've said.

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year

Last edited by b.miller123; 02-13-2013 at 04:17 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
If you are at 150-160hp on an RC51, you'll have bigger problems than a factory pro shift kit can handle. That, and hopefully by the time you dump that kind of money into the RC, you'll know what it is for.

You can read all about the kits here: http://www.factorypro.com/products/s...ctory_EVO.html

They basically make the shifting feel better, and get a more positive engagement to reduce missed shifts, false neutrals and the like.

I don't know what bolt on you can get for the price of a quickshifter that will give you 5hp, depending on what you have done already. A well done dyno tune will be the only thing to net you 5hp for close to the same price of a quick shifter. If you are planning on racing, you should have a quickshifter anyways.

If you are already in the 135 range, you probably have exhaust, PC or the like, and an airbox. Much more than that and you are looking at headwork, cams, valvetrain etc. The work is easy enough to get done, but won't do as much as the other stuff. The other stuff is very hard to find still, and will cost you a small fortune when you do. More than 140 and you are chasing unicorns down a road paved with your hard earned money.

Just my opinion though. I haven't built anything crazy, but I've seen a couple well documented build threads that demonstrate what I've said.
The thing was I would like some feedback from someone that have it instaled.(factory pro kit)
And guickshifter guestion was if anybody have one and 140hp and oem transmission.(if it blow transsmission up or not) this have hapend on RC51,do not know if that bike was with oem or race transmission.or if he had a special made cluth.
I am going to try calling him and ask when he comes to swe,and mabye i finaly go there and take some photos on his two 155rwhp RC's if they are still in his collection and Akira's bike from 96 uppdated to 2001 just for the sake of the green paint.
I do not remember exactly because i it was some years ago that i was there but he have some zuter specials....
What i meant was lots of money fore those extra 5hp and if you can't use qs mabye i skip that upgrade.
Finaly I do not mean to brake world rekord hp limit or anything like that but max for my wallet if golden era starts in swe and so on.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM

The factory pro shift kit will work with the modified motor. I have a CBR1100XX with nearly 160HP and I run this set up in that bike and all my bikes.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2013, 01:53 AM

I had a 954 with that kit , loved it . One of the best mod ever done .. its like putting a short shifter in your car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode