eyebrow mod question - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
eyebrow mod question

I did the eyebrom mod this weekend. My questsion, Do the eybrows only work as blinkers or can they be wired in to also run as a running light or both?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
I think it depends, does your eyebrow light have 2 wires or three? If it only has two wires, then you can set it for running light or blinker - but not both.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
I think it depends, does your eyebrow light have 2 wires or three? If it only has two wires, then you can set it for running light or blinker - but not both.
Its the 2 wire one from Scott's

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
If it's 2 wires then you will need to pick if you want turn signal or running lights. I picked turn signals to get the local POPO off my butt since they stated they could not see my Proton flush mounts when I was turning. Now they have nothing to hit me on LOL

2004 RC51 with multipul mods
1985 VF1000R SOLD 😭
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 PM

They can do both, I thinks it needs a diode or transistors inline, there is a thread on speedzilla that lays it all out. I had mine set up that way, but pulled it as i wasnt diggin the running lights. From there I would assume it can be split pretty easily for both side markers and eyebrows
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
never knew this mod existed. looked it up on youtube. defo a worthwhile mod, especially if your in a built up area.

Honda SP1.5 owner
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvrcr500 View Post
If it's 2 wires then you will need to pick if you want turn signal or running lights. I picked turn signals to get the local POPO off my butt since they stated they could not see my Proton flush mounts when I was turning. Now they have nothing to hit me on LOL
I challenged my local MC cop when he pulled me over several months ago. I got him to concede that the proton was indeed visible from a wider angle than the factory stalk-type blinker that only faces forward. After he cited me for illegal exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboojackson View Post
They can do both, I thinks it needs a diode or transistors inline, there is a thread on speedzilla that lays it all out. I had mine set up that way, but pulled it as i wasnt diggin the running lights. From there I would assume it can be split pretty easily for both side markers and eyebrows
I'll go to zilla and see if I can find it and link it. I'd be interested to know how you could get both running and blinker off only 1 wire. Assuming the 2nd wire is ground- ie the white 1P connector.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Maybe something I don't get correct here....

Eyebrows mod, as far as I know, is done with the position lights above the headlights.
Those bulbs are meant to light up with at the first position turning the lights on (which are constantly on in US). They are not meant to blink like the turning lights.
If you need them to blink, then you will need to use 2 threaded bulbs, like the ones in the turning lights on the US spec RCs or like the rear light's bulbs in every RC.
But that cannot be done with the existing bulb rubber socket used by the factory because it has 2 terminals inside so there is no way to even add a third wire (if that could be done).
In other words, they don't blink with the OEM wiring and they cannot blink AND stay on...
You can make them blink with the turning lights at the same time but in that case they will not stay on once the turning light is off.

If I am mistaken, I am sorry......but this is my view of those bulbs wiring!

My Íhlins Project: https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6033
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
Congratulation to MakisRC51 for winning the 2014 Bike Of The Year Contest!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakisRC51 View Post
Maybe something I don't get correct here....

Eyebrows mod, as far as I know, is done with the position lights above the headlights.
Those bulbs are meant to light up with at the first position turning the lights on (which are constantly on in US). They are not meant to blink like the turning lights.
If you need them to blink, then you will need to use 2 threaded bulbs, like the ones in the turning lights on the US spec RCs or like the rear light's bulbs in every RC.
But that cannot be done with the existing bulb rubber socket used by the factory because it has 2 terminals inside so there is no way to even add a third wire (if that could be done).
In other words, they don't blink with the OEM wiring and they cannot blink AND stay on...
You can make them blink with the turning lights at the same time but in that case they will not stay on once the turning light is off.

If I am mistaken, I am sorry......but this is my view of those bulbs wiring!
There are no lights or sockets factory on the US models, This was a kit I bought from Scotts that came with a small led bulb and wire harness. When I wired them up per the directions they only work as blinkers. I did a search and found a you tube clip with them working as blinkers and running lights....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
could you give a couple of reference links?

Some pictures would be a lot of help too

My Íhlins Project: https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6033
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
Congratulation to MakisRC51 for winning the 2014 Bike Of The Year Contest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode