PC III USB Map HELP! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PC III USB Map HELP!

After my PC II failed I replaced it with a PC III USB and loaded map #105-304. It's for a full Yoshi, RS-3 and stock filters which is what I have. All the snatchy throttle during on/off is now gone and the bike is much easier to ride. Power feels good with no lagging anywhere in the RPM range. But my surging around 3500 to 4500 is still there. I've tried 93 oct and well as 87 oct and it's slightly better with the 87. So my question is, how do I adjust the fuel table? Am I correct in assuming it's a lean condition? I know a custom tune would be ideal but it's an expense I'd like to avoid since I have another habit that takes most of my money......no it's not drugs.....it's worse, drag racing!
Below is the map that is loaded,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
I don't have a helpful response ... but isn't "surging" desirable to a person who's into drag racing?!

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrapolator View Post
I don't have a helpful response ... but isn't "surging" desirable to a person who's into drag racing?!

Yeah the radical cam timing causes plenty of surging. My car is quite a bitch to drive at slow speeds. But in drag racing you only use two throttle positions, 0 and 100%.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
actually im starting to mess with this myself. I want something smooth (to increase predictability) and rich (to keep temps down and avoid any lean issues) From what i can tell, a stock map is smoother AND richer........?

Last edited by 04RC51rinner; 09-25-2013 at 08:52 PM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 09:43 PM

Have you done the flapper mod?If not it will have a flat spot,Also turn on the accelerator pump
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu by u View Post
Have you done the flapper mod?If not it will have a flat spot,Also turn on the accelerator pump
Flapper mod is done. The problem is not a flat spot but a surging much like a miss. It's only at steady part throttle and at times is so bad it causes chain snatch. I'm not aware of the acc pump. Can you tell me more on that?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC View Post
Flapper mod is done. The problem is not a flat spot but a surging much like a miss. It's only at steady part throttle and at times is so bad it causes chain snatch. I'm not aware of the acc pump. Can you tell me more on that?
Sounds more like you're not running a PC You sure it's working?!

The accelerator pump is a feature in the PCIII USB that requires a separate program to be downloaded. Then connect your laptop to your PC, run the program, and turn it on:

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=13

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=15
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrapolator View Post
Sounds more like you're not running a PC You sure it's working?!

The accelerator pump is a feature in the PCIII USB that requires a separate program to be downloaded. Then connect your laptop to your PC, run the program, and turn it on:

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=13

https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=15
Pretty sure it's working. The off/on throttle problem is gone. Lights indicate it's working as well. Thanks for the links, I'll check it out.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 12:18 AM

The lights will still work on the pcIII with out a map in it,My firmware was out dated and I tried to upload new maps into my PC,It locked up.No lights would work,Ended up calling Powercommander,They have a program to unlock it,Can you retrieve the map from the bike?If you can it needs to be tuned to you bike.The RC will buck under 3500 rpm,Other riders tell me it sounds like its missing at highway speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayC View Post
Pretty sure it's working. The off/on throttle problem is gone. Lights indicate it's working as well. Thanks for the links, I'll check it out.

04,Jardine carbons,Sato rearsets,PCIIIusb With lcd display,CRG,Flapper mod,PAR mod,K&N,Custom LEDs
15/42,Scotts,HRC 1/4 turn throttle
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu by u View Post
The lights will still work on the pcIII with out a map in it,My firmware was out dated and I tried to upload new maps into my PC,It locked up.No lights would work,Ended up calling Powercommander,They have a program to unlock it,Can you retrieve the map from the bike?If you can it needs to be tuned to you bike.The RC will buck under 3500 rpm,Other riders tell me it sounds like its missing at highway speeds
Yes I can read the map and load other maps as well. Yesterday I loaded map 105-307 and can tell a slight improvement. As soon as I feel confident I will adjust the 105-304 map in the 3500-4000 range and see if I can dail it in. Thanks for the help. I'm still hoping someone that has adjusted their map will chime in here and help an old guy out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode