New SP2/RC51 Owner!! Couple of quick fire questions.. - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New SP2/RC51 Owner!! Couple of quick fire questions..

Noob Alert!!

I've managed to get my hands on the bike I've been thinking about owning for years now, all be it a cheap Florida import that needs a bit of TLC, but I'm chuffed none the less

I have a couple of quick questions that hopefully you guys can help with..

- I also own a 2001 CBR900RR which I've spent a few bob on over the passed couple of years, but she will now be moved due to the new arrival.! I only recently had 520 pitch Renthal sprockets and DID Gold X-Ring chain fitted (two track days ago..) and wondered if the sprockets would be compatible with the SP2..?? It would save me around 159 if they were, hence the interest.! I can't recall the number of teeth from memory, but after the research I've done on here I'll be hoping they're 15/41..

- I'm pretty sure the front calipers are the same, so am I right to assume the pads are inter-changeable.? Again, just had a new set of sintered EBC pads installed on the RR which would work lovely on the twin

- Similar question to the above, but this time on the front discs.. I have a decent set of Armstrong wavey's fitted to the 'Blade which would look and feel a treat on the SP if they were to fit!

- Would any one know the valve clearance figures..??

Other than that I'll be putting her through a big service with the help of a pal who just so happens to be a motorcycle mechanic, which is a good job 'cos my technical experience is limited at best, so by the start of next week she'll be good to go

Have also ordered a set of fairings from China that arrived at the depot today, so if I can get my hands on them over the weekend I'll post some before and after pics

Cheers

Chris.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ignore the 'valve clearance' question, the search tool just came up trumps :0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode