Asking for help from the forum today. You guys were very helpful last time, but I have a new issue. This RC is lucky that I love her so much
I'm hoping to do this step by step to avoid confusion and narrow things down. Thank you ahead of time. I will give estimates as accurate as I can.
I will give away free beer if we figure this out. (I'm serious, if you're local, I'm in Asheville, NC. C'mon by.)
2003 RC51. It's been my project for a year now. Almost had it figured out, right before a winter nap.
1) If I start the bike, it will fire right away and idle for ~10 seconds, then stall and die. All running lights and gauges will stay on. No FI light. No stored FI codes.
2) If I try to restart it, it turns over but never catches again.
3) If I ignore it for an hour or so and come back to it, it will fire right away and I'll get another 10 seconds of idle.
4) If I give it throttle when catch it in time while idling, it will stay revved as long as I hold it (I don't give it much, I can hover it around 2-2.5k)
5) Once the bike starts registering temp and I get it to 160-180F, I can sustain idle.
6) If I try to ride it, it runs rough, but not horrible (probably need to adjust a map)
7) If I turn it off, as long as it's still warm, I can crank it right back up.
8) After it cools and sits, it's back to step 1.
PC 3USB. New Plugs (heat range 9). New FPR from Honda, installed during my last troubleshooting.