RC51 Forums banner

2004 NH with issues after yoshi install

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Rc51ing 
#1 ·
Hi guys, first post and have to start with an issue :(

I just picked up '04 NH 2 weeks ago with 8k miles and only under tail as an upgrade. Drove 100 miles home with no issues.

Last weekend installed yoshimura slip-on and the bike started and sounded great(could not ride due to rain), so it sat another week in the garage. When i started it this am it started and idle rough had to really keep rpm up to ride, kept backfiring too.
No codes no blinking lights.

Could free flow exhaust lead to air/fuel problems?
Is powercomander the cure here?

Please help this lost soul... the wife would say 'told you not to buy it'

#2 ·
A simple set of slip-ons added to a stock bike won't cause that problem (as evidenced by the way the engine fired up and ran last weekend after the installation). :)

Did you possibly forget to pull out the "fast-idle" enrichment circuit knob (ya know, the one on the left side of the bike) before starting the bike this morning?

#5 ·
Update.

I have increased idle to about 1300 rpm. No improvement

I installed power commander V with yoshimura slip-on map, it made some mild improvement while riding.
Bike still idles rough and taking off from a stop bike frequently surges and jerks then drives and shifts fine.

Any ideas ???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.