Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Dumb question about putting fuel tank and fairing stay in place
Been an age since i last wrote, Bella is at extremely long last beginning reassembly. I just need to rattle-can the freshly acquired strawberry red fuel tank flat black, and she just might see daylight again. So...
I wasn't clever enough to take a picture of it before I tore it all down. As I understand it, it looks like the fairing stay has no metal collars between it and the frame, just grommets. Then the tank grommets have the metal sleeves under them, with the washers and bolts going down thru all of it. Is this correct?
Thanks, guys, sorry for the dumb question.
2006 Black Edition SP2
- Stickerless black...giggity
- Assorted stone chips
- Multicolor bug splats, updated weekly
- Custom boot scratches and crash marks on the tailpiece
- Scuffed bar weights & brake lever from asphalt acrobatics
- Road grime under the fender and tail
- Leo Vince exhaust
- Otherwise OEM, not gonna make BOTY any time soon
HOE-LEE SHEE-YIT, the TORQUE!!!
Last edited by BTF/PTM; 07-28-2016 at 05:39 PM.