Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
It's an SP2. The battery fits the same way the last one did, it's the correct length and width and the poles and amperage are correct, it's simply a bit taller than the last one, so the factory battery cover doesn't close over it. It's what the local shop has spec'd for the bike, but it's sealed as opposed to standard, so maybe that's why. In any case, as far as function it's the correct part, I just wasn't sure if the plastic battery cover was really necessary. I can't see it being used to secure the battery, since those stupid plastic clip-nut-things love to pop loose, so if it's just a cover for the sake of having a cover then it's unnecessary.
2006 Black Edition SP2
- Stickerless black...giggity
- Assorted stone chips
- Multicolor bug splats, updated weekly
- Custom boot scratches and crash marks on the tailpiece
- Scuffed bar weights & brake lever from asphalt acrobatics
- Road grime under the fender and tail
- Leo Vince exhaust
- Otherwise OEM, not gonna make BOTY any time soon
HOE-LEE SHEE-YIT, the TORQUE!!!
Last edited by BTF/PTM; 08-21-2016 at 03:54 PM.