1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone still using a PC3r ?

I was wondering if anyone is still using the PC3r, and do not have the ignition connector plugged in ?? I just did the coil on plug mod, and was going to update my PC3r to a PC V, but still hearing about some problems with the V. So was thinking of staying with the 3r for now, and was wondering if it could be used without plugging in the ignition connector. Previous owner had it plugged into the kickstand safety switch, so it wasn't hooked up when I got the bike, and everything seemed fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 08:31 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
Plympton
I'm still using PCIIIR with Akrapovic map no problems haven't tried it without ignition connector tho.. If it ran well I'd leave it like it was until you had to replace it.. I even keep a used spare PCIII as a backup to avoid having to buy the PCV
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Excellent question Plympton!! After throwing tools and cursing in my garage for an hour (this should've been a 15 minute job), I ended up taking the ol' girl to a local shop. I returned on my lunch break the same day to pick her up, and was informed that the ignition connector is not utilized on SP-1's. If my memory serves me correctly he said something like "thanks for adding two hundred to my beer fund sucker!!"... After researching all the issues with the V, I hunted down a IIIr. When I received the detailed service receipt, the tech noted "unit is old". I thought to myself "this guy made a very astute observation...the bike is a 2000 model...nearly as old as he is...I hope he didn't use a calculator, and a protractor to figure that shit out".

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My bike still has a PCIIIr. No plans to change unless it goes out.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 08:35 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Mine still has a PCIIIr. It's never missed a beat and the bike fuels perfectly, so I haven't ever thought to change to a PCIII or even a V.

As I recall, it only fits inline between the main male & female loom connectors, but it's been about 8 years since I last messed with it.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
I have one too. 6 years and about 32K miles later not a single issue. My ingnition lead isnt hooked up either.

The PCIIIr Club.
bladeryda619 likes this.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Another here with a pc3r and fitted as per the stig's above
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Mine still has a PCIIIr. It's never missed a beat and the bike fuels perfectly, so I haven't ever thought to change to a PCIII or even a V.

As I recall, it only fits inline between the main male & female loom connectors, but it's been about 8 years since I last messed with it.
Besides the main harness plugs, the IIIr has a set of leads that plug into the pulse generator lead connector.
Are you saying yours are hooked up?

RC51.org PCIIIr additional installation hints
Very bottom picture, the red connector coming out of the black boot.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
I only recall the main connectors in picture 4 of the link.
I don't remember a little red connector being a part of the wiring for my PCIIIr, but it has been 8 years!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I only recall the main connectors in picture 4 of the link.
I don't remember a little red connector being a part of the wiring for my PCIIIr, but it has been 8 years!
Then there's a chance you have yours unhooked.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode