Front tire size question - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
bpw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Front tire size question

Hey all Im getting some new tires, I've always been a Michelin man I've had powers 2ct road 3's and most recently road 4's. Love em all, my cum dumpster of an Ex drilled holes in my tires money is tight so I'm going backwards to the road 3's. Still a great tire and more budget friendly, this time I'm going with the 190/55 out back and my question is should I stick with the 120/70 up front or switch it up to compensate for the taller tire out back?

Thanks

In other news, if anyone is comfortable patching tires shoot me a PM these road 4's have maybe 3k miles I personally am not comfortable with that I know people do it all the time though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2016, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
just be glad she's stupid enough to only drill the tires

if it were me I'd have perforated your engine cases, and frame, and wheels, and forks. you get the idea....

if a tire has been actually drilled, depending on the size it may have been perfectly prepped for a mushroom plug, or be completely irreparable. it's hard to say
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
bpw

Funny you should mention that. Any one ever tell you that you think like a crazy whore. Kinda scary...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14749613010921024367092_1474961334644.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	111706  

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
dude, women are such scum of the earth when they tantrum like babies, nothing is sacred. im scared shitless to leave my girl i live with now because i have so much to lose with my bike, collectibles, and electronics. you never know just how low theyll sink when theyre being left. the frame with a hammer? cmon man, what was that bad that that had to go down? you didnt cheat on her did you?

you should have a go at her stuff, give her a taste of her own medicine.

lovin' my little torque monster.

Last edited by jgspecial; 09-27-2016 at 06:02 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
I've not ever changed front tire size, can't say that I've ever heard of anyone doing that on the RC51 unless you're going street fighter look. The extra height that the 55 will give you actually helps the bike. Not necessary to change the front tire size, or the fork height. If you want to experiment with the fork height, to change the steering feel after you've installed the taller tire, I would only do so after thorough research, and only by 1 or 2 mm's at a time.

If you haven't already found this...
ROGUE RACING Geometry & Suspension Information Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbly View Post
just be glad she's stupid enough to only drill the tires

if it were me I'd have perforated your engine cases, and frame, and wheels, and forks. you get the idea....

if a tire has been actually drilled, depending on the size it may have been perfectly prepped for a mushroom plug, or be completely irreparable. it's hard to say
That wicked! LoL
JusAnadaMexican likes this.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 06:24 PM

Personally, I like the feel of leaning in of a 50 series over the 55......55 tilts in fast but feels slippery and wiggles when first laying it over....50 is nice and smooth....if my dunlop q's weren't so new, I'd replace my 55. My 2 cents.
Motleyfan likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
bpw

Sticking with the 120/70 up front

Buddy if you wanna leave your girl, and you think she's a nut... do it. But be smart. Get a storage unit first put all your shit in it get a hotel room put your ass in it and formally evict her with a process server. Don't you go there giving her the papers or you'll find your ass in jail just like I did. It'll cost a little bit and may seem extreme but well worth it, protect yourself...

Last edited by bpw; 09-27-2016 at 07:33 PM. Reason: eh...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
bpw, did you ever get that part I sent you. Stator cover, wasn't it?

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
bpw

The clutch cover I did, its on the bike and you're the man! I got the ol girl fired up the other day for the first time. It was nice hearing her run, I was waiting till it's all back together to post pics. Honestly the bike was bad ass before but I think it's gonna be even better this build. Got me some LBP GP pipes and they sound soooo F'n good. I put a OEM paint tank on it and repainted all the flat black gloss got the same exact headlight I had before looked at others but I just dig the one I had. Should be back to road worthy in a month or so, can't wait.

Scored a Arai Rx-q for 340.00 brand new to replace my Hayden edition corsair V that she beat with a hammer or wrench or something tool related that ended up being stolen. The Rx-q fits my round head much better so that's a bright side lol.
jondog9 likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2016, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
bpw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccbrz View Post
Personally, I like the feel of leaning in of a 50 series over the 55......55 tilts in fast but feels slippery and wiggles when first laying it over....50 is nice and smooth....if my dunlop q's weren't so new, I'd replace my 55. My 2 cents.
Ive always had 50's so I gotta try it out see what all the fuss is about. Thanks for the opinion though Ill keep it in mind when Im feeling it out. Main reason I wanna try it is on the exit of a spirited corner with a heavy hand the bike tends to want to run out wide, Im thinking a 55 may smooth that out. Its not super bad I've got racetech springs up front and fiddled with the fork and shock settings enough to get it to where its honestly fine, but who doesn't like better? We'll see...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode