Airfilters straight on to the RC51 Throttlebody ?! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Airfilters straight on to the RC51 Throttlebody ?!

Hi there.

i am working on an Crashed RC51 bike which i am going too be building into a naked bike, however with an different tail part going to be made on the bike there will be a Lot of wire and electronic components that need to be replaced, so ive been thinking of putting everything underneath the fuel tank. but with a airfilter box in the way there is simply no space,

i was wondering does anything like a set/kit exists where like airfilter cones are directly mounted on the throttlebody ? so i can let the oem airfilter box out and win space for the electronics .

looking forward to the responses
kind regards
Wesley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
If you are talking about removing the airbox completely and just installing pod filters directly on the throttle bodies it just kills the performance all around. I witnessed a test years ago with a flat-track team that tried it and it just fell flat on its face throughout most of the rev range. I talk about it briefly here on this page
ROGUE RC51 Large Displacement Airbox
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you for your reply, losing a few HP wont be that big of an issue for me, because it will be a naked streetbike, however it needs too be fun driveable, what kind of options would you advice me,
my goal is to fix an 899 Panigale rear tail on the naked bike, i think it would look sick, but with all the wiring that honda put in the OEM tail. the rectifier and battery.
i was thinking of making everything underneath the fuel tank.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
With enough time and money, pretty much anything is possible... You could even have a full undertank airbox with a separate from the actual intake side open air chamber just for the wiring and electronics. Nobody would know they were in there except you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode