Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Regina, SK CANADA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Not your usual not priming post
Here we go.
Model Year: 2001
Mods: SP2 Swing-arm, flapper mod, pair delete, COP, PCV with Autotune, Hindle high mount exhaust
Problem: Bike ran very strong until a day ago and developed an intermittent fuel pump priming issue upon startup attempts. Stalled once while on the highway as well. One of the relays every now and again will constantly click.
Steps taken so far;
1) fuel pump wiring checked for nicks.....none found
2) tested fuel pump.............checked out OK
3) checked/cleaned kill switch..........works as it should.
4) replaced relays with known good units...........same result
5) check wires for both relays for continuity....checked out OK
6) disconnected PC ..............same result
7) MIL (FI)light when service wire plug jumped stays solid (an ECU concern as per manual??)
8) swapped ECU with known good unit..........will test ride in the next couple of days.
Have I missed anything and/or has anyone else had this/these issues?